Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Shaker Cabinet drawer styles

Kristen Hallock
11 years ago

I am definitely going with a shaker style cabinet door. Just a simple recessed panel. We will probably end up ordering from Lowes and going with Kraftmaid cabinets. Then we will install ourselves.

My question is with the drawer fronts. I like the look of the 5-piece drawer. But I dont love it as much on a very narrow drawer. I'm wondering if I could order a mix of drawer fronts? Like get the slab drawer on narrow drawers and get the 5-piece drawer on deeper/wider drawers? I've seen pictures like this on Houzz but will Kraftmaid let you do this?

My other dilemma is that they have 2 cabinet styles - one is a wider style and has a solid wood panel. The other has a narrower style and a veneer panel. I've always thought solid wood is better, but have read here recently that alot of people prefer veneer for various reasons - mostly for painted cabs. We will be going with a natural maple cabinet. Is a solid wood panel OK here? I like the 5-piece drawer on the skinnier drawers in the veneer model, since the styles are narrower. Or should I only upgrade the big pot & pan drawers to be 5-piece?

If you've gotten this far, thanks!

Comments (6)