Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxerpups

Kitchens friends I need off topic help. : (

boxerpups
14 years ago

I thought I was pretty smart.

In fact I would label myself as the kitchen photo guru.

I am expert at finding a photo for someone to visualize.

I consider myself helpful.

I by no means can help with specifics on kitchen design.

There are others on this site with powerful knowledge that

can blow most KDs away. But if someone needs a photo of a

counter seam, crown molding, kick plates, a certain

color, appliance, window, hood.... you name it, ask, and I

try very hard to help find it for you.

But now I have turned into a total moron. I need help.

Not on kitchen specific stuff but on posting clippings.

How do I add to my clippings?

I know, I know after being here a year I still do not know

how. I have honestly been trying to teach myself and

learn by looking at others. I have even contacted GW

but they think I mean posting a photo to a message.

I want to create a journal. But How? I feel like a

total loser, moron, fool, igit, brainless putz, pathetic

half wit who does not know her _______ from her elbow.

Please help.

Because you see.

I am exactly the person my dogs would never think I am.

My dogs see me as a Goddess. The lady who can open the

cabinet to magically produce dog treats. My dogs see

me as brilliant. The lady who can unlock the door to

let them out, drive the car, open a can of food, and

yes, leash them for a good run.

Please help me. And I apologize if this is not a kitchen

topic. I tried to contact GW but they are more confused.

Thanks to all in advance. And if ever you need a picture

just ask and I will find it for you. : )

boxerpups

Comments (22)

• riverspots
    14 years ago

I'm not quite sure what you mean by posting clippings, either. Picasaweb lets you set up multiple folders of images if you're looking for a way to sort all those images in a way that's easy for others to navigate.

• boxerpups
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If you look at my post above or really your post.

It will say

Posted by boxerpups (my Page) on Mon....

It is the (My Page) part. I want to add pictures
    to (My Page)
    What am I doing wrong?
    I have tried every link. Please know I am an igit.

Thanks for helping.
    ~boxerpups

• autumngal
    14 years ago

boxerpups, I have no idea! But I'm going to try to help figure it out. You've helped so many, I'll see what I can do, although I have to be honest, I'm most likely a pretty big igit myself!

• brickton
    14 years ago

Boxerpups-

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, I think that the gardenweb infrastructure isn't quite fitting what you think it is.

First there are clippings: these are posts that you've clicked on the 'clip this post' on the upper right link. It will be added to your clippings page (http://clippings.gardenweb.com/clippings/boxerpups). This how I've built mine up , it also allows you to add comments, make them public or private. Note it will not clip the entire thread, only the individual post within a thread.

The journal... seems to be geared towards gardening specifically. It sounds like it has a similar concept to a blog, but I can't find anything other than how to search for plants and add them. I think you might be wanting to start a blog, in which case I might check out wordpress.com or blogger.com or any other free blogging site and ask for advice from some of the other awesome kitchen bloggers we have on here. Also, I would totally read a blog of your found composite images on various topics.

I might not know kitchens like people on here, but tech, that I know.

-brickton

• jsweenc
    14 years ago

boxerpups, can you clarify a bit further? Are you trying to add clippings to the My Clippings. or clippings to the My Journal? I see what you mean about trying to add to the journal, there doesn't seem to be a way. But I was able to add to the clippings easily, so that must not be what you're talking about.

Your pictures are always awesome and so helpful! Since you offered, when you have a moment, o photo guru, do you have any like this? TIA

• boxerpups
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay I think I know it now.
    And thanks Jsweenc. You are too sweet.

Brickton, My dogs would say your are a true brillant
    Goddess or maybe God (small g). Brainyac, Mensa, Super
    smart, highly intelligent, wizardly,.. you can probably
    open the snack closet with your eyes closed.

For those who are as dim witted as I. There is a spot
    on the right upper corner... See it? It is green.
    A cute pair of scissors and some blurb about clippings.
    Clearly I need glasses for I ignored this little thingy.
    In my mind it was in the catagory of Dove, Netflix, Kay
    ads,
    This is where you clip. Yes, you too can clip pictures
    and be considered smart by your pets.

I get it now. Thank you Brickton.
    I am going to keep working on the journal and before I
    know it I could be the clipping guru. My next goal is to
    start a blog but this seems far easier.

Thanks all,
    ~boxerpups

Ps. I am blushing and my foolishness because I can not
    delete this post. ; ) If my dogs learn to read, my secret
    stupidity is out.

• cj47
    14 years ago

LOL...I love your view of how your dogs see you. Let me tell you how WE see you....
    We see you as the lady who can magically produce actual pictures of the stuff we see only in our heads. We think that's brilliant. Anyone who can unlock the secrets of the internet search to find *specific* pictures of *exactly* what we were thinking of must have special powers of some sort. The fact that said powers don't extend to *other* areas of expertise is really of no consequence, because, you see, there will always be someone hanging around here with that expertise who is willing to help you out the way you've helped us out. When someone asks you for help, I'm hoping that you aren't sitting there thinking that if they can't find a picture of *that*, then they must not know their whatever from their elbow. No? Well, we're not thinking that, either.

That said, I don't have a clue what you're talking about with this clippings thing.

But if you ever need any information about milling grains, baking bread, or anything at all related to coffee, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. :-)

Good luck, and I'll be following to see what it is you were talking about.

Cj

• Circus Peanut
    14 years ago

Yes, alas, GardenWeb is not set up for what you want to do.

In your Clippings page, you can store discussion threads you have "clipped" so you can reference them in the future.

In your Journal page, you can display pictures of plants you've uploaded to the GardenWeb Hortiplex encyclopedia.

But you can't keep your own set of uploaded kitchen pictures anywhere around here, unfortunately.

Pups, I'd recommend starting a simple free blog over at Blogger.com in order to start storing your images in nifty categories. :-)

• prill
    14 years ago

Boxerpups - we see you as a Goddess too!!!

I'm so glad you posted this, because I have had a problem with this before.
    Just now I realized that you have to go to the bottom of the clipped thread and hit the "SAVE" button. I always wondered why mine didn't work -

See, we're all in the same boat as you.

• bostonpam
    14 years ago

I also recommend blogger.com. I once took a class on how to set up a web page and thought blogging was going to be like that. WRONG!! It's so simple and you just upload pics or videos or whatever you want and type away. I was inspired by piaa and got my blog running in 15 minutes! My friends and family love seeing our renovation adventure and keep asking for even more pictures!

• mythreesonsnc
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for all of the great pictures you supply everybody on this forum --- I am always so impressed!

I have been trying to look at the clippings for you, but my understanding of how they work is like a newspaper --- you see something in the forum that you really like, and you can "clip it," however, you can't upload your own, unless you've posted and then want to "clip." I think the above mentioned blogging idea for you is FANTASTIC!

You crack me up about the dogs... My dog is on a doggie diet, so she acts like we are complete idiots that we can't seem to get the box of treats open, even if she is giving us all the usual signals --- scratching the door, whining, you name it, they just don't work anymore, her people have forgotten. She keeps trying to re-train us, but it just isn't working....

• lisa_a
    14 years ago

Thanks for my Monday morning smiles, boxerpups! I'm with your dogs ... you are a goddess. ;-)

• lindiver
    14 years ago

Boxerpups, you are one of my GW heros! I'm sure what the others have written about the vagaries of the GW infrastructure is causing your problems.

There are many gremlins about in computers. They exist to remind us we are mere mortals. I've been contacting GW for weeks because I can't even access my own profile. I click on "your profile", but keep getting a strange message. All they've told me is that they can see it and don't know why I can't. And that should be a simple click for me. Ah, for the gremlins. LOL

• faleash
    14 years ago

Boxerpups, you are Da Queen!!! here. I love seeing all your pics and adore when you respond to posts cuz it's always good viewing! This can be National Hooray for Boxerpups day! You are just too advanced for this world's limitations!!!

• lisa_a
    14 years ago

lindiver, I had similar problems a few months ago. When I contacted GW for help, adding that my problems coincided with forum changes (needing to double click to go back, among other issues), they said they were unrelated and the problem was at my end. However, nothing we did to fix it helped (my husband is a software engineer, too). When GW finally fixed the formatting problems, my problems went away like magic. Sorry I can't help you but I wanted to let you know that I was similarly frustrated when I asked for assistance. Hang in there!

• boxerpups
    Original Author
    14 years ago

CJ,
    I can not stop laughing, you are hilarious!!!

And wow such wonderful complements.

Moi???
    I had to turn around to look behind me, just to be sure
    you meant me. Maybe you mean the person behind me.

Prill, Faleash, Lindiver, circuspeanut, my3sons,
    bostonpam, LisaA, ...
    you are all so sweeeeeeeeeet!

• countrygal_905
    14 years ago

It didn't take long after joining GW to know, that you, Boxerpups, are absolutely brilliant!! Thanks so much for all the pics I've benefited from.

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

I wonder if in Greek or Roman mythology there was a boxerpups hanging around.... perhaps it was one of your ancestors that started all those wonderful hyroglyphics(?) That would explain your EXTREME talent for finding all the best pics!!

• bmorepanic
    14 years ago

I think you're looking for member services. It's a link on the main page - all the way at the bottom. You can access all of your profile items - including clippings and your main page.

• plllog
    14 years ago

WOoOf!!!

Gggrrrwwwoofffff!

[hEY YOU boos lahdi!! Ope,n de CUPbbord!!!]

• bmorepanic
    14 years ago

Actually, the photo galleries on the main gardenweb menu bar (right below the advert in white on dark green) allows you to upload a group of photos and you can reference them in your post.

• boxerpups
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Remodelfl, hows your kitchen coming along? I love the updates.

bmorepanic, I am getting there. Little by little.

Pllog: Woof back at ya girl.