Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quartersawn oak kitchens?

Posted by jgopp (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 1, 12 at 1:51

I'd love to see some quartersawn oak kitchens. I am helping a friend build a new kitchen and I told him I would source some photos. A lot of the results on google don't show the full layout so I'd like to know if anyone here has examples (looking at you boxer!).

It doesn't seem to be the most popular kitchen style but his house is kind of arts and crafts style. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quartersawn oak kitchens?

Here are mine on a thread I posted in August. I love mine. I hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quartersawn W/O

o

These are "in progress" pictures, but here are mine. We're going for a bit of a modern Mission look, so that might be exactly what you're looking for. Feel free to look around the rest of the set--you can see the before pictures, the computer-generated layout, and the progress pictures.

Cooking-side lowers

Sink-side lowers

o

Here's a close up picture of a cabinet door in my old kitchen which was renovated in 2001. The kitchen itself is so outdated per GW standards, I didn't bother with a pic of the entire kitchen, just thought I'd show you the beauty of QS oak. Cabinet door, Quarter Sawn Oak, SW fruitwood stain, hardware from Van Dyke's

o

MIne is only partially qs oak...just top cabs.And the last doors, etc. have yet to go on. But perhaps they will help. Note that in the first pic, the hood was not QS and didn't have the tile. The right hood is in the following picture.

kitchen
wood and tile hood

o

My heart does a pitter patter (insert sigh) when I see these QS oak cabinets. I am loving that shot of the minty green? in MelissaStar's pics. Gorgeous!!!

o

Cotehele's gorgeous QS kitchen!!!

http://theoldkitchen.blogspot.com/search/label/kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: cotehele's blog

o

Gorgeous kitchens! Do qs oak cabs darken with age as the cherries do?

o

One of my favorites -- vjrnts' kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: Vjrnts' kitchen

o

One of my favorites -- vjrnts' kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: Vjrnts' kitchen

o

Keystone wood specialties has some nice white oak quartersawn doors. I think they are under mission style. These are just individual door photos but gives you some different door designs in this style to look at.

o

isn't remodelfla's kitchen quartersawn?

Ne

o
more: Quartersawn oak kitchens?

Yes, remodelfa's is as. Here is a recent thread with some others:

Here is a link that might be useful: qs thread

o

Check out Peter LaBau's book, 'The New Bungalow Kitchen', for some excellent qs oak / craftsmanny ideas.

o

drainbead: that looks fantastic!

thanks for the continued replies.

o

Yes mine is...but it isn't Arts and Crafts style so I was hesitant to post it again. There's a pic in the senators' link Heres a couple of close-ups of what made us fall in love with this wood.

From a distance and with a cell phone camera the graining is less obvious

o

A few more, not mine but ones I love.
~boxer

o

Here are my quarter sawn oak cabinets in my laundry room. It is almost finished. Just need hardware, faucet and some painting. There is a shower in this room so the counter cabinet holds towels etc. Made by the Amish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

o

Oh, Boxer, I'm drooling over that last picture with the beautiful backsplash. Do you know it's origin??

Joyce

o

I agree, it is lovely.
The link below will direct you.
~boxerpups

Here is a link that might be useful: The panel by Handcraft Tile Co

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here