Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelledt

Kohler Stages Sink

MichelleDT
12 years ago

Has anyone installed a Stages sink? They are very cool....do u love it? Do u use the full functionality or do the bowls end up forever stored under the sink in the rack?

Thanks.

Comments (14)

• yellowdog2
    12 years ago

I love my Kohler Stages. I new I wanted a large single bowl. I was originally going to get the Kohler Cape Dory and then came across the stages and decided to go for it. Glad I did. I had to giggle though.. .because I haven't used the bowls. I like to think that before the sink came I had gone to Ikea and got a bunch of bowls for the house! Maybe I'll take them out tonight!

• purplepansies
    12 years ago

I did a GW search on Google and found this thread reviewing a Kohler Stages Sink.

Here's another discussion about it: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1201190911679.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Stages Sink review

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks fro the feedback - I wondered if those bowls would find a home out of sight/mind.

The link is great...I searched using he function in Kitchens and didn't find anything.

M

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@buckheadhillbilly - thanks for the detailed response. Looks like the perfect solution and I love the trash compost idea. That seals the deal deal for me. Found a new, in the box 45" for $860 which I think is a good deal. Can do the 33" for ~$750. Love, love your kitchen and house.

Cheers!

M

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Billy, and others, now I'm thinking about this for my prep sink in the island. How much does the platform part hang down underneath? Next to my sink base there will be a speed oven or steamer built in under the counter. Can this still be accomplished? I absolutely love the idea of this.

I just looked at the specs for the oven, and there seems to be a space between the top of the oven and the counter, the face of the oven is taller. (see link)

thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: See page 2 on this link for island install of speed oven

• allison0704
    12 years ago

Here is another GW member's kitchen that has a Kohler Stages sink in her island:

Here is a link that might be useful: Serious Cook's Kitchen

• whallyden
    12 years ago

Excellent post Buckhead. How big of a roast can you prep on stainless shelf? Would a thanksgiving sized Turkey fit?

• saute
    12 years ago

Buckhead - thank you for sharing the details of your sink and surrounding cabinets. I am looking at a virtually identical installation and think I will follow your plans exactly - they look ideal!

• buckheadhillbilly
    12 years ago

beekeeper, I think you may have to drop down a bit. The drawer to the left of my knife drawer is my warming drawer. Maybe you can put you speed oven in the next cabinet like mine?

Whallyden, my roasting pan just fits on the platform. I think a large turkey would fit, but it would be messy. For rinsing, I'd definitely put it down in the sink bowl. If I were coating it with olive oil, garlic, kosher salt and pepper (which is my usual procedure), I would use the platform and expect to get the counter messy, too. Hope that helps.

• lalithar
    12 years ago

I love the concept of a cutting board and the bowl right next to it. I did not have inches for the stages sink but instead got the Franke Beach (BBX160) which has the same flush inset cutting board and bowls for prep/ drainage. It is around 24"

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much again for all the help and pics! Ordered a 45" for my main sink and 33" for my prep island. And....two Kohler Karbon stainless faucets. Happy girl tonight. ;-)

• mastiffmom_85
    12 years ago

I have the 45" for the clean up sink in my new kitchen, but the kitchen isn't finished yet. It is mounted in the countertop, and I love it already. I paired it with the Simplice faucet with a pull-down sprayer.

I really really really wanted the 36" version for my prep sink, ala Buckhead, but my DH nixed it due to price. I actually scored the 45" on craigslist due to a post here alerting me to the CL ad (huge thanks, whoever it was that posted it!!), but I did not have similar luck running across a 36". I settled for a 16x20 zero radius Ticor instead. *sigh*

I am thrilled with the looks and size of the big sink, and can't wait to try it out! Also, thanks, Buckheadhillbilly, for the idea to use the rack thingy for baggies and such. I wasn't really planning on putting it beneath my sink but couldn't decide what to do with it. I think this is the perfect solution.

~ MM

• mastiffmom_85
    12 years ago

Sorry, should have read "33" rather than "36". I am having challenges this evening.

~ MM