Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Let's talk faucets, big tall ones

Posted by brendaminnesota (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 8, 11 at 17:03

Who is using the tall commercial models with the sprayer and faucet spigot? I'd like to hear what you like/dislike as you have used them.

I'm considering two for our new kitchen, one with a 36" Shaw apron sink, and the other with a 15" Shaw prep sink. The second one would serve both the prep sink and be used as a pot-filler for the range.

I've been looking for some advice from people who have actually used one for some time, not just recently purchased one. Fingers are crossed that there are people here who can give a thumbs up or down.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Let's talk faucets, big tall ones

Hi Brenda: I have a commercial style faucet, although not a huge one. It's a Danze. I've been using it for 3 months now, and so far I like it. Takes a bit of getting used to, for sure. Especially having to put the faucet in that collar thing when you're done spraying. Because I chose a very large sink, I needed one with a long spout reach. That's the main reason I chose this faucet. It was very inexpensive, so if I end up not liking it, I wouldn't feel badly about replacing.
Photobucket

o

Very good picture! Do you ever think you would miss having a separate fixed spigot at a lower level? I have seen some that offer both the fixed spigot and the tall spray faucet in one unit/

o

I actually looked at the Kraus, too. If this one doesn't work out for me, I might try that one. I haven't really missed having a lower fixed spigot. The spitot on the Danze is only 7.5 inches above the sink, so it's pretty low. The Moen (which I hate) in the laundry sits a good 2" higher. If that makes sense. I'm measuring from the top edge of the sink to the sprayer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus KPF-1602

o

Realize this is an old post but here is a link to what we did.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0512143230887.html

Used a Krowne 17-109WL

We love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here