Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mggmommy

WANTED: ???? String Art ????

mggmommy
17 years ago

I don't know the name of what I am looking for, but this is a brief description of what I need.

I have a friend that her child made this at school last year. It came from a old book that all they had was copies of old copies.

What he did was take a pattern (his was for a shamrock) that had numbered dots. His instructions said to thread a needle and "GO UP ON #1 AND DOWN ON #10". It took them several days to make it but at the end he had stitched the background surrounding a shamrock. He put the pattern paper on top of a card stock and when he was done they pulled the paper away and had the design stitched on cardstock. They then matted it and framed it. All he used was a needle, yarn or embroidery floss, design pattern and cardstock and instructions.

I wanted to do this for my son's 5th grade class for a Christmas art project. We have 29 in class and this is about the cheapest thing to do for that many.

I found string art ornaments at easycreations.com and love the fall and christmas ones. I am looking for the look of those but the simplicity and size of the one that my friend's child did.

If sound familiar at all, please help!

Thank you.

Comments (3)

Sponsored