Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: ???? String Art ????

Posted by mggmommy (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 28, 06 at 17:36

I don't know the name of what I am looking for, but this is a brief description of what I need.

I have a friend that her child made this at school last year. It came from a old book that all they had was copies of old copies.

What he did was take a pattern (his was for a shamrock) that had numbered dots. His instructions said to thread a needle and "GO UP ON #1 AND DOWN ON #10". It took them several days to make it but at the end he had stitched the background surrounding a shamrock. He put the pattern paper on top of a card stock and when he was done they pulled the paper away and had the design stitched on cardstock. They then matted it and framed it. All he used was a needle, yarn or embroidery floss, design pattern and cardstock and instructions.

I wanted to do this for my son's 5th grade class for a Christmas art project. We have 29 in class and this is about the cheapest thing to do for that many.

I found string art ornaments at easycreations.com and love the fall and christmas ones. I am looking for the look of those but the simplicity and size of the one that my friend's child did.

If sound familiar at all, please help!
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: ???? String Art ????

Sounds like you are looking for "paper embroidery." Here are a few links for you. For others, just google for paper embroidery.

Dot Com Womens site with teardrop ornament and other paper embroidery links

Paper Embroidery Heart at HGTV site

And the link below is to a prior question at the Paper Arts Forum here at the GW.

If none of these are what you are looking for, be sure to let us know!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wanted Paper Embroidery pattern for angel

o

I used to have a copy of that book. I don't remeber the title. Have you had any luck finding a copy?

o

I am looking for the exact same thing! My son brought home a jack o lantern at Halloween. I wrote to his teacher to see where she got it. She said she does not know but sent me a copy of it. I would be happy to photocopy it and send it to anyone who would be able to trade a different design with me.

Here is a link that might be useful: wanted string art

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here