Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Truss uplift in tile to ceiling shower - would you be okay with t

Posted by newhomeowner2011a (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 22:21

Hi,

I posted previously in the bathrooms forum but it wasn't until after I got a few responses did we learn that the truss uplift was the cause of the crack in our new bathroom (part of an addition). Unfortunately I haven't rec'd any feedback since my update and our contractor wants us to tell us what we want him to do (since we aren't happy w/ the current "fix" he did).

Please see the forum and pictures here - http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg0400172213224.html

I am not a fan of the way his solution turned out. Is there molding that we could have our contractor replace this with that would be seamless as opposed to different (where the tile to ceiling is)? It obviously needs to be attached to the ceiling. Right now the molding is attached to the ceiling all the way around the room and the wood strip is attached to the wall only where there isn't any tile around the ceiling.

Would you be happy with this fix / the way it looks if it was your new bathroom?

Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Truss uplift in tile to ceiling shower - would you be okay wi

No I wouldn't and posted on the linked thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here