Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arbordayle

teens blue/green bedroom

arbordayle
15 years ago

We're redecorating my 14 yr old daughter's room. She wants a blue and green color scheme, with three walls blue and the wall behind the bed green (in the lime green category). She keeps picking out extremely bright colors which I'm afraid she will tire of quickly. It's also a small room and I don't want the colors to overwhelm the space. Her bedding is white and the new carpeting will be a neutral tan/beige color. She can add an area rug for color. I thought I'd start with the rug and pull colors from it for the walls but I'm having difficulty finding something fun but not ridiculously expensive. If anyone has a room that sounds similar or ideas where I can find an area rug (think PB teen style without the cost) I'd love your help!

Comments (10)

• msrose
    15 years ago

Even though your DD is wanting something more teenagery, Zipdee used green and blue in her daughters' room and it looks great together. Be sure and look at the 2nd page that shows the green she used in the bathroom. It might be a color your daughter would like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zipdee's room

• ideamom
    15 years ago

Just posted a photo of a blue/lime green rug on my blog. You can see it by clicking on the link below. If you are interested in one for your daughter...just let me know.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue/Lime Green Rug

• soccermom811
    15 years ago

I love Zipdee's room! I think my girls would go nuts for those colors! Any way to get the color card info on that blue and green she used? How about the blue bathroom vanity cabinet as well? Thanks so much! I also loved the monogram rug any idea of the cost?

thanks for the information!

• msrose
    15 years ago

soccermom - She doesn't give the paint color, but here's a post with some tips on how Zipdee decorated the room. Maybe she'll see this post and let us know what paint colors she used.

Laure

Here is a link that might be useful: Zipdee's room

• arbordayle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ideamom, my daughter loves the cheetah rugs. How do I contact you?

• User
    15 years ago

We did our office/catchall room in very simular colors as Zipdee's and love it. It may seem bright especially for an office, but I work from home and it's a really happy, upbeat and optimistic color scheme. IMHO you can't go wrong with a turquiose blue and lime green!

• teddas
    15 years ago

I saw that Linens and things had coordinating bath items in the colors above. they are going out of business here.

• zipdee
    15 years ago

Thanks for the kind comments on the girls room.

Soccermom .. the blue on the walls in their main room is BM Sea Isle. The green on their bathroom wall isn't so easy. I had bought BM Pear Green, but it was about neon when I put it on the walls, the room is small and it overwhelmed! Next I tried SW Shagreen and it was too grayed down, I needed a truer hue. So what I did was cut the pear green, with the shagreen and a good dollop of pure white .. I just mixed them a little at a time until I had a color I liked. The dark blue on their vanity I actually used a metal desk lamp from the girls room in that shade and had it color matched. I don't have the can anymore to look up the color code, I'm sorry I can't help out more!

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

SW Melange Green is a bright limey color! That might be nice for an accent!

• ideamom
    15 years ago

Hi Arbordayle,

Received your email and sent you an email in reply.

Hope to hear back from you soon!