Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
csmommy_gw

Lee Industries Sectionals

csmommy
9 years ago

Hi - I found a Lee Sectional we would like to purchase. I do not need it within a certain amount of time, so I thought I would use Google to find places in NC that would discount it. I cannot find a single one! I have 3 questions:

1. Does anyone know why I cannot find a dealer in NC who carries this line?
2. Does anyone know where I can go to purchase & save money?
3. How well made are they?

Thanks!

Comments (13)

• User
    9 years ago

I had two Lee Coveralls sofas (their slipcovered sofas) at my last house. They are seventeen years old now and still holding up well, as are the slipcovers, believe it or not. I don't live there any more, my ex does, but they are still in use in the basement, and got many years of use/abuse from our two boys and their friends, as it was the hang-out basement.

• User
    9 years ago

I have two Lee sofas and two Lee chairs less than six months old. They are very comfortable! I don't know if it is possible to buy them at a discounted price since most are custom ordered. We purchased ours through an interior designer and used our own fabric purchased from a different vendor, so we were in the unenviable position of paying more than retail :-(

Time will tell whether or not we made a good choice,

• User
    9 years ago

Funny I was just putting the slipcover back on one of my sofas after washing it and noticed from the tags that it is a Lee Industries sofa. I'm not sure if I knew that and maybe forgot? It's from Crate & Barrel - I think a lot of their sofas are made by Lee Industries so if you live near a C&B, maybe you could find one there and try it out. Not sure when they run sales, but you could check that out too.

• maddie260
    9 years ago

I have two large wedge sofas and a chair from Lee Industries that are all about ten years old. I did upgrade to the best cushions, and don't quite remember the price, but there was some sale going at the time I bought them in SF Bay Area. They are so comfortable and in fabulous shape. About five years ago I wanted to recover the slip on the chair, and an interior design store here was having a sale on Lee; I ended up going with a local seamstress, but they do have sales.

• daisychain01
    9 years ago

I was also going to suggest looking at Crate and Barrel.

We have an independent furniture store here that started carrying Lee a few years ago. They have a sofa sale once or twice a year. I had been waiting for a store here to carry Lee and bought one of their coverall sofas during their first sale. We love it. Very good quality.

Before this store arrived, I phoned or emailed Lee and they were very good about helping me to find the nearest location that sold their product.

Good luck in your search.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Lee protects their brick and mortar retailers pretty aggressively. When I was looking last year I called a retailer I found in NC, mostly because I don't like the local showroom. They told me lee wouldn't let them sell outside their area if there was a local retailer.

I wasn't able to find discounts on Lee other than the C&B sale. I sucked it up and paid retail for 2 chairs that had a distinct shape I loved. I changed the other furniture (and lots of it!) to CR Laine and Vanguard, which I could get heavily discounted from NC.

• 1929Spanish
    9 years ago

I got two chairs from Lee for 70% off at a design center sidewalk sale. In this case, a "to the trade" designer had them in stock either for their showroom or a client that didn't work out. Lucky for me, they went well with what I had, but I probably wouldn't have thought to order those chairs otherwise.

My other Lee chair was a floor sale at Crate and Barrel with a slightly wonky leg. It was an orphan sale item that I knew was just taking up floor space. I found the manager and offered him less than what it was marked. He came back with a little higher price so I bought it.

Sometimes not having an exact plan can work in your favor. Try looking for local design center sales. The one by me usually has them in May and November.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Yes, Crate and Barrel sofas are Lee, far as I know.

• User
    9 years ago

Years ago, after reading the below thread, I contacted Alan Ferguson in High Pt, NC to get a price comparison for Lee and it was cheaper than my local dealer, even with delivery. I did not end up using them, I decided that even though it was more expensive it was worth staying local. I just purchased my second sofa and ottoman from my local dealer when they were having a 40% off sale and really love all of the Lee pieces that I have, they are very well made and have a great warranty. Also, if you want to see all of the local dealers there is a store locations finder on the top right side of the Lee Industries site, right below the search bar.

Here is a link that might be useful: OLD post on Alan Ferguson

• Janice742
    9 years ago

We too have several Lee pieces. Our oldest is a oversized chair and ottoman - 20 years old. Still as comfy as ever. My first "grown-up" furniture purchase.

We also have the sectional. It's a coveralls. Have had it since 2002. Best investment in a piece of furniture you will ever make. (We since had Lee make a second slipcover - so we can change it out summer/winter)

If you know exactly what you want, you can contact a local retailer to see when they are having a sale. We live in Illinois now, but when we were in NJ, I purchased all my Lee pieces from Chester Country Furnishings. 908-879-4288. I always ordered during the sale and got 25% off.

They can order for you and have it shipped directly from Lee. You won't pay sales tax, if you're not in NJ. When we moved here 9 years ago, I purchased two chairs from them this way.

• maddielee
    9 years ago

If you like Lee and can't find a dealer near you, search Miles Talbot furniture. The styles are similar and I think the warranty on the frame is better.

ML

• csmommy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for you help!