|We're planning a linen closet in a landing area (from the attic stairs), and two built-ins for the family room (adjacent room). |
So, consider it three, 15" deep built-ins. I will ask my Conestoga rep to quote (they offer an RTA cabinet and do beautiful doors and drawers), but a big limitation with them is drawers can only be 12" or 24"; and there's no way I'm losing 3" (maybe more) in the linen closet area.
I had Village Woodworkers in Topsfield (very local) quote a while back (when we redid the kitchen) and they came in quite high. Other recommendations would be appreciated.
(Edited to move pictures and requests for layout advice to another thread)
This post was edited by oldbat2be on Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 9:17
|I think the linen closet proportions would be improved by increasing the height of the doors. Currently the piece is divided top/bottom in roughly equal parts, which is less pleasing, IMO. |
I think the built-ins around your lovely window will cramp its style -- I'd definitely forego them, even though I'm sure you would like the storage they provide.
|Ceder crest cabinetry in Manchester NH might be worth looking at. Their showroom stuff is amazing! They do furniture and cabinets. We didn't end up using the for our kitchen, because our budget wouldn't support custom cabinets. If I had the budget I would have in a heartbeat!|
Here is a link that might be useful: Cedar crest
|OB, your room is really turning out gorgeous. No rec on the cabinets, but what color did you paint the room? thanks.|
|I am going to post a second thread for layout advice, so am removing the pictures from this one. Please click attached link to continue with any layout suggestions. |
mljb, I appreciated your input. I mocked up your taller upper cabinet in another sketch-up drawing (see linked) and like the additional height. The family room is about 13 feet wide by 17' long - and due to the now sloped 9' - 12' tall ceilings, the proportions seem off. The wider window seems to make the room wider.
Thanks chrissby2411. I was not familiar with them. They have some nice pieces on their website. Maybe I will send them my dimensions and see what they come up with.
Thanks MaggieQ! Room color is the same we've used elsewhere in the house; Vancouver Day by BM Aura.
Here is a link that might be useful: Layout Advice Thread
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here