|So I have this in wall ironing board cabinet with brown yellow and kind of creamy with a hint of lavender glass in it. The wood is a pretty blah brown. I want to update it a bit. Not sure if I should try to stain the wood a little darker and get a new knob or if I should paint it? If so what color? This is going in my master walk in closet with medium brown wood floors and probably some type of white walls. Any suggestions? I don't know how old it is but it is toatally giving me a 1970's vibe and in not a good way.|
|I think that once you install it and post a pic people will be able to get a better idea of it's surroundings.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Here's your other post in case you lost it ..
This post was edited by forboystoo on Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 14:38
|I looked at your other thread and what I'd do is have a solid wood door made for the cabinet - paint door and trim to match wall or other trim. Hang the stained glass door in a window. If it doesn't work with your decor you could sell it. |
If you use it somewhere else in your house and have white trim there you could paint the trim to match.
|ugh, I have no idea why this posted again. Sorry guys.|
|That's really no problem Kam... |
We have ghost here in October â˜ºâ˜º
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here