Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
update this built in ironing board cabinet

Posted by kam76 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 12:49

So I have this in wall ironing board cabinet with brown yellow and kind of creamy with a hint of lavender glass in it. The wood is a pretty blah brown. I want to update it a bit. Not sure if I should try to stain the wood a little darker and get a new knob or if I should paint it? If so what color? This is going in my master walk in closet with medium brown wood floors and probably some type of white walls. Any suggestions? I don't know how old it is but it is toatally giving me a 1970's vibe and in not a good way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update this built in ironing board cabinet

I think that once you install it and post a pic people will be able to get a better idea of it's surroundings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's your other post in case you lost it ..

This post was edited by forboystoo on Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 14:38

o

I looked at your other thread and what I'd do is have a solid wood door made for the cabinet - paint door and trim to match wall or other trim. Hang the stained glass door in a window. If it doesn't work with your decor you could sell it.

If you use it somewhere else in your house and have white trim there you could paint the trim to match.

o

ugh, I have no idea why this posted again. Sorry guys.

o

That's really no problem Kam...
We have ghost here in October ☺☺

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here