Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 7:39
|We are currently redoing our bathroom and I found 12 x 24" tiles that I love. My husband is so against and says you can't put larger tiles in a small space. It is a galley style bathroom and I think the longer tile would look great. Plus the colour is perfect. Do you think tile size matters?|
|I used 6x24 tiles in our last house's hall bathroom. I loved the way they seemed to open up the space. Remember when installing them you need to put the end of one about 1/3 the way up against the next tile vs having it placed 1/2 way up the next tile. The longer tiles usually have some sort of bow to them and if you do a traditional brick joint the lowest part of one tile will be next to the highest part of the next tile. |
The linked thread helped us out a lot.
Here is a link that might be useful: bowing tiles
|Wow, for the tip and how the tiles look. I love it. Yep, the tiles are staying - looks like the husband is going back! Any problems with them breaking because they are bigger? Another concern of my husbands'. I mean, I don't think the kids will be jumping in there or anything.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.