Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scanmike_gw

Color for Bedroom by the Beach

scanmike
10 years ago

Hi,

I want to repaint my bedroom and looking for colors that have a "beachy" feel. A calm and serene color (need that after being devastated by Hurricane Sandy). I was thinking of either a blue or green. Room gets alot of afternoon west facing light and has stained woodwork and molding (would prefer painting it white but husband opposes that idea). Furniture is dark black cherry.

Thanks,
Denise

Comments (21)

• nhb22
    10 years ago

Do a Google on beach house interiors to get some ideas.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Maybe something inspired by these colors?

• lizbeth-gardener
    10 years ago

Annie: Love the last color on the far left on bottom strip. It should look great with dark furniture. What is the color name and company?

• scanmike
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have checked out some coastal designs on Houzz and that is such a tease cause they are so beautiful. Specifically looking at Bm Quiet Moments, Woodlawn Blue, Bm Gray Mirage, but not sure if too pale, EllenKennon Lichen and Bm Saybrook Sage, SW Svelte Sage.I have rooms painted Wythe and Ellen Kennon's H2Ahh, which is my favorite color of all time. Want a spa like color that's not too blue, but more of a subdued blue/grey. Also saw Farrow and Ball Mizzle, but can't afford that paint. Anyone use the above paints or can direct me to a different color that I may have missed.

• spartan1994
    10 years ago

Try installing beach wallpapers http://pinterest.com/livingwithartsg/home-decor-wallpapers-seaside/

Easier to install and can get any image you want.

If you insist on painting, then you can contact http://livingwithart.com.sg/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=9
    They can customize and paintt your walls according to your desired image

• loribee
    10 years ago

I vote for BM Quiet Moments or Woodlawn Blue, etc...

Sueb has a home where she has used these lovely, watery colors. Perhaps she could kindly share her pix again.

• scanmike
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I also liked the bottom one on the left. Similar to Quiet Moments. To my eye QM looks slightly more blue green than Woodlawn but I would love someone elses take on that. Any other soothing greens (I am guessing they would be greyed greens)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Unfortunately, design seeds colors are just on screen and not related to any paint color directly, so you just have to try and match. (The hex codes will pop up if you put your mouse over the color swatch on the web site, but I don't know how that helps to get a paint mixed to that shade.)

However, the color you're looking at looks very similar to BM Palladian Blue which I have in my exercise room.

BM Palladian blue
    {{!gwi}}

• Circus Peanut
    10 years ago

Palladian Blue is gorgeous as a ceiling color as well.

We used Sherwin Williams 'Ruskin Room Green' in our last bedroom (which was in a bungalow by the beach in Maine), if you're still looking for a green. This green has a bit of blue in it:

• User
    10 years ago

scanmike-

Try BM Weekend Getaway, a nice green that's not too mint and not too sage.

sandyponder

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Thanks, Loribee. I've had issues accessing my Photobucket pics lately but we have a few colors at our beach house that I can recommend. I really love both Quiet Moments and Healing Aloe. A little blue, a little green, a little gray. Great colors. Our master bedroom has Healing Aloe ceilings with Edgecomb Gray walls, and Healing Aloe in the master bath. Our TV room has Quiet Moments. Actually, our attic bedroom here at home has Quiet Moments -- that's a pic I can access -- not the best photo, but there it is.

I also love Colony Green, which we have in another bedroom.

• randita
    10 years ago

SW Quietude:

• scanmike
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So many beautiful similar colors it's hard to tell which will look best in my lighting. I have been trying to see what colony green looks like if anyone has a photo.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Colony green has a lot of green in it.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I just googled Colony Green and found my own pic in this thread from two years ago!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic of Colony Green

• mpwdmom
    10 years ago

My favorite beachy color (for now). BM Nimbus Gray, lightened 25%.

• scanmike
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Colony Green looks a bit minty in the photo above, but not so in your photo Sue.

I just saw Nimbus at the paint store today. Apparently it's one of Candace Olson's favorite colors and they were out of the paint swatch. Thanks for posting.

Will run them by husband tmr to see if he leans to green or blue. They are all so pretty that I don't think I can go wrong.

• cind11
    10 years ago

I have Woodlawn blue in my bedroom. I don't have a photo but I love the color. I had initially tried Palladian blue but it was too green in my room. I wanted definite blue.

• Ashsmith1972
    10 years ago

I used BM Raindance in my master bedroom, and it really showcases the dark wood furniture. I also live in a coastal area, and it gives a serene, beachy feel.

• sloyder
    10 years ago

Might want to look at the BM Tranquilty collection paint chart.

• thrifterindisguise
    10 years ago

Hi Denise,

I was facing a similar situation (with a lot of sunlight coming in), and it was really hard to choose a color because everything got washed out when it was up on the wall. After A LOT of samples, etc., I went with the color "Seasalt" by Sherwin Williams (it looks more gray on the color card, but i love the blue-green tint on the walls). We used Ben Moore Aura paint (because I just love how pigment shows up; it's more expensive, but I've never regretted that because of how it looks). Here's a pic, but you can see it in the background of a different blog post, too. If you want to see more pics, just contact me and I'll send some of the rest of the room, too. I just love the color for beach living!

Here is a link that might be useful: A Thrifter in Disguise : Vintage Chifferobe

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!