Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yayagal_gw

help with the best aqua paint

yayagal
13 years ago

I'm doing over my mb and have three walls done in SW steamed milk and the trim in SW roman columns. I want to do the main wall in an aqua that is just a blush of color, not in your face. I want a feeling of calm and soft. Suggestions anyone? Thanks.

Comments (20)

• teresatree
    13 years ago

I wish you good luck! I haven't needed to look for an aqua, but this color caught my eye one day. It is Teresa's green by Farrow and Ball. Of course it caught my eye, because it's my name! I hope to use it when we finish out basement.:-)

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of F&B Teresa's Green on Flickr

• teresatree
    13 years ago

It sure looks different it this picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Journal Teresa green

• teresatree
    13 years ago

Have you seen this blog? House of Turquoise, and teal, robin's egg blue, aqua, sky blue.....

Here is a link that might be useful: House of Turquoise blog

• teresatree
    13 years ago

On that blog, check out pictures of Benjamin Moore's "Wythe Blue"

• Sueb20
    13 years ago

We recently painted a room in BM Colony Green. It's not as "green" as the name sounds. It is so pretty! Here is a not-so-great pic:

I'm also a big fan of BM Quiet Moments.

• kayec28
    13 years ago

Sherwin Williams Rainwashed. I linked to a master bedroom redo below that gives you several pictures of it.

I've also heard good things about SW Sea Salt, BM Beach Glass and BM Quiet Moments.

If you're willing to go with a stronger color(that won't make your place look like a Caribbean motel, I promise) try BM's St Lucia Teal. Beautiful color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rainwashed

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

For the "blush of color" you described, BM In Your Eyes is very light,a hint of blue.

Here is a link that might be useful: In Your Eyes

• yayagal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks to all of your for responding so quickly. Today I'm going to look at all the colors suggested and make a choice.

• ttodd
    13 years ago

WoodLawn by Ace - very soft blue (the wall that the microwave is against is painted Woodlawn - the brick wall is still white in this pic):

and

SW Buoyant Blue is also a very pale more clear aqua color that I love. I painted DD's dresser that color. Sorry no pics of that yet.

• Sueb20
    13 years ago

Once again, I have to hijack another thread and comment on how talented Ttodd is! Who else could make a microwave and coat hooks look so adorable??

• gmnolen
    13 years ago

Try Behr's Clear Pond

• pammysue52
    13 years ago

Another vote for Sherwin Williams Rainwashed. I have it in my craft room. It is a very relaxing, soft color.

• loribee
    13 years ago

I just read that Martha Stewart's Sea Glass is an amazing color. Might be worth looking at too...

• ttodd
    13 years ago

Thanks Sueb20! It's almost finished - painting tongue-in-groove and brick walls takes FOREVER. Dreading the vaulted ceiling!

• denali2007
    10 years ago

Another vote for Palladian Blue

• bronwynsmom
    10 years ago

SW's Windowpane is another subtle blue with green in it.
    We used it everywhere in my mother's apartment, including the trim and doors, and it's lovely and almost neutral, changing a bit throughout the day.

From Farrow & Ball, I like Pale Powder for something paler than the also-lovely Theresa's Green.

• Ashsmith1972
    10 years ago

I have BM's Raindance in the master bedroom. It's a gorgeous grayed-down greenish blue. It may be too dark for what you want, though, so perhaps something higher on the color chip.

If you want to continue using SW, my SIL has Comfort Gray in a couple of her rooms, and it is gorgeous. It looks gray on the chip, but it morphs into a gorgeous pale grayed-down aqua on the walls.

• randita
    10 years ago

I'm a big fan of SW Comfort Gray and SW Quietude.

• lazydaisynot
    10 years ago

Although somebody's probably in search of a nice aqua, this thread is a couple of years old. I hope the OP found just the right shade.