Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

Any green kitchen photos? Or paint suggestions?

Rudebekia
16 years ago

I want to paint my kitchen a sagey green. Does anyone have paint suggestions or photos? My concern is to avoid a "pastel" look--I want a deeper color gray/green but it still needs to be light, not an olive. This is hard!

Comments (33)

• DLM2000-GW
    16 years ago

My kitchen is Ben Mo Paris Rain - can't remember the # (15something) but can look for you later and will get a picture, too. I tried many colors that all went minty in my space and light. In the fan deck this one looked far too gray but I had to try because nothing else was working. And on the walls it's perfect for me - just the right amount of green.

• lyfia
    16 years ago

Restoration Hardware silver Sage sounds like a color you might like. I think there are pics in the gallery under the green colors thread.

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

My new favorite sage green is SW Svelte Sage. Try a search for that name on here because I think I remember a few posters who used it recently. It's got gray undertones and is very sophisticated. Not anywhere close to pastel.

There's also the popular Dry Sage, Olive Branch and Dried Basil from the Ben Moore wheel. Those are deeper than Svelte Sage. I'm sure a few of those are in the green gallery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Gallery

• no_green_thumb
    16 years ago

I have used BM Saybrook Sage - love it, love it, love it!!

• kellymamom
    16 years ago

My kitchen is painted with BM Louisburg Green.

{{!gwi}}

Kelly

• minniemom
    16 years ago

My kitchen is a color by lowes - called Crocodile tears. I had sherwin williams mix it and it came out great. I have maple cabinets and soon to be black granite counter (when the tax $$ comes in). We just love it!

• mlraff53
    16 years ago

Minnie: if you can please show me the "crocodile tears". That's the color I'm considering for my kitchen and I would love to see it. thanks, Mariana

• joyceshaw
    16 years ago

Ours is called gumleaf by Monarch.

Here is a link that might be useful: gumleaf

• DLM2000-GW
    16 years ago

This is a good shot of the color - Ben Mo Paris Rain 1501

{{!gwi}}

• Kathleen McGuire
    16 years ago

EK Edgewood Green:

• amsunshine
    16 years ago

Benjamin Moore Crown Point Sand:
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• nanmeade
    16 years ago

I just finished painting my bedroom BM Lewiville Green. I absolutely LOVE it. Photos don't do it justice. It's brighter than the sagey colors because it doesn't have a blue base but it is a soft subtle green. I will post a pic when I can.

• nanmeade
    16 years ago

Okay here is a quick photo of my bedroom with the BM Lewiville Green. We are in the middle of redecorating, waiting for new furniture. Sorry the pic is so large.

• metromom
    16 years ago

If you promise to ignore the clutter, you can see mine in BM Raintree Green:

• Tracey
    16 years ago

Some green kitchens from some of my magazines....

• Tracey
    16 years ago

• Tracey
    16 years ago

• amysrq
    16 years ago

Tracey, is that last pic from Cottage Living? If so, that paint may be Cooking Apple Green, a Farrow & Ball color I think is just perfect in a kitchen.

And Redsox, where did you get that bedding? I love it!

• txgal06
    16 years ago

I used SW Fenland. Dh thinks it is olive but I don't.
    {{!gwi}}
    And here's one against cabinets and granite before tile.
    {{!gwi}}

• msrose
    16 years ago

Oh, txgal, I love your kitchen! Is that a current picture or is it finished now? Would love to see more.

Laurie

• msrose
    16 years ago

bump

• txgal06
    16 years ago

Thanks Laurie-It is finished except for pulls but I don't think I have any really good shots. This one has a weird reflection and I don't know why.
    {{!gwi}}
    This one shows the mammoth refrigerator my dh blessed me with. :)
    {{!gwi}}

• txgal06
    16 years ago

marita-sorry if it seems like a hijack and for the large pics. I scaled them down but it didn't take.

kmcg-I love your place! Very pretty.

All the kitchens are lovely.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Here are some photo's of my green foyer. BM's grecian green on the ceiling and BM's tree moss on the walls. They are both very pretty greens that I'd put with Oak colored cabinets. You can see what they look like next to the mahogany door.

{{gwi:1438904}}

• Rudebekia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was the original poster on this thread. Just want to report that after much trial and error, I painted the kitchen Muralo "Prairie Path," a medium toned gray/green. I'm really happy with the choice. I'm now in the process of painting the cabinets an off white -- going through the process somewhat backwards, I know!

• brutuses
    15 years ago

We look forward to seeing the completed project. Heck, we'd like to see the wall color now, actually. LOL

• sandy523
    15 years ago

KMCG85 do you know what handles and knobs you have there? I really like yours and just get so confused when I go to Lowe's and look at all 100 of them side by side.

Thanks.

• sandy523
    15 years ago

Here is a pic of my kitchen. This was before we moved the kitchen table in , etc. I need knobs and a color for the walls. The counter tops are really light green with specs in them. Wish I had gone darker now but oh well. Any opinions on what I should do to jazz it up? I also need some rugs.

• Rudebekia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, you'll have to visualize what this will look with when the cabinets are painted a creamy white! Right now they are the "bleached" or "pickled" maple that was popular 10 years ago. sandy, my countertops looks the same as yours, and the wall paint was picked to go with them.

{{!gwi}}

• Rudebekia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• budge1
    15 years ago

marita, that looks great and will be fabulous when the cabs are painted.

• nmladybug
    15 years ago

I absolutely vote for EK Edgewood Green. It is, in my opinion, the perfect green that can play nice in any room with any wood tones. Love it, love it, love it!

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Sandy523, Thanks for the compliments on the hardware. ;) There was a thread awhile back about cabinet hardware and someone identified my handles from the "mai oui" collection from Ann At Home. In that thread I linked to the collection. I don't know about the knobs. Sorry. They do not come from the same collection. I actually got both at The Great Indoors.

Here is a link that might be useful: ree Ree's thread