Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reeree_natural

Can I see your cabinet hardware?

reeree_natural
16 years ago

Hi to all of you!!!

As some of you know, we are doing a small reno on the kitchen. Actually I got all my help on here...(great big thanks!) we are in the middle of having a tile back splash installed with antique bronze inserts, it is coming out beautiful! ( looks like a different kitchen actually..thank goodness!) I found these bail pulls, link below (thank you Patricia) and I am having a really hard time deciding on the top knobs...since the inserts are decorative , and the bails are on the simple side, I don't want something too ornate..but when I look at plain round ones, I picture them on the cabinets and I am worried they will look like polka dots..??

If you can show me your cabinet hardware it will really help.

Thanks!!

Ree

Here is a link that might be useful: bail pull

Comments (14)

• rmkitchen
    16 years ago

Hi Ree!

I am gaga for pumpkin knobs -- I think they would look swell with your pulls.

I have glass knobs and simple pulls.

While irrelevant to your kitchen, this is mine!

Good luck!

• reeree_natural
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi RM! wow..been a long time! LOVE your kitchen! beautiful!!! wanna laugh? I have the same exact knobs!!! (glass) got them from RH also.. my cabinets are dark cherry.. I am trying to chang the look of the kitchen and I think new knobs will help the cabinets some what. I do like the pumpkin knobs! What a great suggestion! I am going back to their web site to see if I can find them in a dark brass. I will take pictures soon, the transformation is getting there...
    Thanks again RM! It was so good hearing from you!
    Ree

• redbazel
    16 years ago

The pumpkin knobs are really nice, classic, yet a bit out of the common way. They are a great choice.
    I don't think you need go with a too-simple knob. Knobs are a small part of a kitchen's total look and even if they are a touch ornate, they aren't going to go over the top. If you are concerned, go to Lowes or somewhere and buy two or three different styles and try them out before you buy the lot or even order. That's what I did before I finally ordered some Top Knobs from a kitchen store in town.

Red

• Kathleen McGuire
    16 years ago

Hi Ree! Haven't seen you over here in a while. Here is my hardware.

• parma42
    16 years ago

kmcg, are those pulls Anne at Home? I have those on my short list of three possibilities. They are gorgeous. How do you like them now that they have been installed?

• Kathleen McGuire
    16 years ago

I got those at The Great Indoors and I never knew the mfg. name. I went to the Anne at Home site and by golly I'm pretty sure they are from there! The Mai Oui collection. Lots of coordinating items. Even a soap dispenser! Thanks! As for the knobs, another mystery!

Here is a link that might be useful: mai oui

• cliff_and_joann
    16 years ago

I shopped for three weeks on line and in stores and
    found these drop pulls at a very good price on line.
    Check out van dyke.

Here is a link that might be useful: van dyke

• paucie
    16 years ago

Just FYI - A friend told me that she found the knobs she wanted at Home Depot (or wherever), wrote down the model numbers, then found the exact same ones on Ebay for a fraction of the price.

• reeree_natural
    Original Author
    16 years ago

kmcg & cliff & joanne
    thanks for the pictures! you both have beautiful knobs.. cabinet that is..hehe I love the drop pulls, thought about using them, are they easy to open and close the cabinets with? the bail works the same way so I figured a regular knob..

such a simple thing ( I thought) and it has been a few weeks and I still have nothing. I love the bail pulls. The top knobs will be more prominent and this is where I am having a hard time.. there are so many different finishes..when I find one I do like, doesn't come in the same finish as the bail pulls..arggggg!!!! I need 24. I do like the pumpkin, can't find it in 'dark antique brass'

I looked in HD, but ours has nothing that I like, very limited selection..tried the expo..no luck there either.. *sigh*

thanks so much! I will post pictures when the kitchen is finished.. nice to BB!
    Ree

• johnmari
    16 years ago

I am sure this is a stupid question but why not use one of the round knobs from the same collection to avoid the finish-coordination issue? I think this one would go fine with the bail pull you've picked:

FWIW, we used a combination of bin pulls and plain knobs in our previous house and I didn't think they looked "polka-dotty":
    {{!gwi}}

• reeree_natural
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks johnmari!
    it's not a stupid question..and no..yours do not look polka-dotted. here's one I am considering.. there are others I like, but do not come in the same finish as the bail pulls.. I need 24 knobs, and 11 pulls..ouch!
    thanks for helping and the picture!
    Ree

Here is a link that might be useful: dark brass

• brutuses
    15 years ago

That dark brass you posted is real pretty. I thought about you today and was going to post a message about van dyke's as I received their catalog today.

• flyingcarrot
    15 years ago

I'm considering using bar pulls on cabinet doors and bin pulls (cups) on drawers, but most people use knobs. I think.

Can I mix bin pulls with handles?

• CaroleOH
    15 years ago

Ree,

You might want to order a sample of the bail pull and make sure the "bail" has a stopper on it to keep it from hitting your cabinet face. I was in love with this type of pull too until I was at a cabinet store with this style of pull and noticed that each drawer had a nick directly behind the bail. Apparently when your hand lets go of the bail, the bail would hit the drawer face and after many uses, the wood was getting damaged. Also, the finish on these drawers had minor scratches from people's nails hitting the wood when grabbing the bail. I know alot of people have these types of pulls, but I would maybe to a check to see if anyone else had this type of damage before installing them. I decided to pick a different style.

I noticed that some bail pulls have stops to keep the bail from hitting the drawer face and some do not. I decided against the bail because of my drawer face style, the bail hung below the raised panel and didn't look right. But I have to say, that style of pull was and is a favorite of mine! Just be careful.