Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kld182

How to deal with a very long hallway

kld182
12 years ago

I am moving into a new apartment in a few weeks. It is a great place, with the exception of the long hallway that runs the entire length of the apartment. All the bedrooms are on the left, so the right wall is very long and boring. The hall is also very narrow, so adding a table is not an option. (I have a young child and would worry about her running into a table or knocking it over anyway.) I love the idea of using some mirrors (the photo about halfway down this page with three mirrors with molding around them is my favorite: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg0218474010839.html) or photo collages, but could use some more specific suggestions.

I've included a photo below. The wallpaper will be removed and the walls will be painted off white. We will also replace the lights, but I'm not sure with what. As you can tell, the hallway widens slightly just beyond the first doorway. This is a rental property, so we are limited in what we can do. Whatever we do must be 'undone' when we move out in 2-3 years.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Image link: