Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to keep a glass top table looking good

Posted by mercedes_123 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 08 at 19:47

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to my round glass top? Every time I clean it, you can see all kinds of streaks. I would like to maybe etch it to disguise all the streaking. What else could I do to it?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to keep a glass top table looking good

Have you tried a glass cleaner that is just a glass cleaner and not a glass and surface cleaner? IMO the glass and surface cleaner always makes things smudgey.

Another great cleaner is plain white vinegar and newpaper. You can spray the vinegar on or make a paper towel wet with it and then wipe it on the glass. Dry the glass with the wadded up newspaper.

o

On the cleaning forum, they swear by using a wet microfiber cloth and then drying with a dry one. I haven't tried it yet, but they say it really makes the glass sparkle. Luvs

o

I had one to keep my wood looking good. I hate covering a gorgeous DR table with a tablecloth I want to see the wood, not cotton. lol.
Find a local car window replacement co. and buy their brand. Generally they are very good!
OR use vinegar (white) and newspaper(ink & all). No streaks! Try it :)

o

heres a post of a crafter that painted there table, maybe you can ask the poster more info on it.
oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: painted table

o

here a small table top I did on wood but could be done on glass I am sure, its a paper bag from a gift shope, I cut into sq and glued on, you could use scrapbooking papers, you didnt say how big your table is or if it gets alot of use, another idea, hubby cut me a round table top from mdf board I covered it with texture paint, painted it a lt green and stamped leaves on it in dr green shades.
I doult that etching would disquise the streaks cause its kinda see throu I would say.
oddie

Photobucket

o

I use sprayway glass cleaner. No streaks. You can get it at Sam's Club and Costco. Some local stores in our area carry. Also try Ace Hardware. It's better than any other cleaner I've ever used.
I posted a link so you can see a picture of the can.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sprayway

o

Clear ammonia and wipe off with newspaper. Easy and cheap.

o

or mix half and half...vinegar and rubbing alcohol.
Paper towels to dry!! Voila no streaks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here