Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buzzard_gw

Pic of table top

buzzard
16 years ago

As I promised, here is a picture of my finished table top.

{{gwi:1479867}}

Comments (16)

• magnoliamae
    16 years ago

OMG, I'm speechless.....that is absolutely so cool....love the vivid colors and abstract design.....you should be very proud of your work.....maggie

• shysue
    16 years ago

WOW!!WOW!!WOW!! That is beautiful!!! Can you tell us how you did it?

• buzzard
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you.

It was very easy. I painted on the reverse side of the glass. First I taped off the design and painted it black with acrylic paint. I put on a second coat of the black too. Then I used a mixture of air dry glass paint and plain old acrylic craft paint. I didn't worry about brush strokes. I even semi-mixed some colors so they would be "streaky". I put on a thick coat of the colored paint. I let it dry for a day and a half.

And this is the result I got. Very easy. And you don't even have to stay inside the lines when you paint cause the black hides all the "overages".

• shysue
    16 years ago

Thanks for the instructions, Buzzard. I am keeping this for future reference. I may have a project I can use it on coming up later (probably much later) and I want to remember how to do it.

• pegtn
    16 years ago

That is a beautiful table. You did a wonderful job on it. I never would have thought to mix the glass paints and acrylics, it looks great!

• craftfetish
    16 years ago

That is just stunning! And I love that since the top is plain glass you can actually use it/clean it/live with it.

Great job!

My crafty brain is churning - may need to steal your idea :)

• buzzard
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Have fun with it ladies. This is a poor buzzard's way of getting stained glass!

• oddie
    16 years ago

Beautiful job buzzard! love the vivid colors, you can also use a acrylic paint extender mixed with acrylic paint gives the paint a glass paint look, love that you came up with your own way, thats what I call crafting!
    I have a smoked glass top on a table I would love to do something with, anyone have any ideas for me would love to hear them.
    Happy Crafting
    Oddie

• ladynimue
    16 years ago

Beautiful!!!

• FlamingO in AR
    16 years ago

What a clever boid you are, Buzzard! I am in awe of your table and it suits you to a "T". Those colors really pop and it looks just perfect. You should be very proud of yourself!

• jaybird
    16 years ago

Hi Ms. Buzzy....it's good to see you here and your table top is BEAUtiful!!!!!!!! Pat, pat, pat on the back for being such a smart bird!

• maryanntx
    16 years ago

I LOVE your table top! What a cool idea. My wheels are already turning to see what I can do with your idea!

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing the photo and your tricks of the trade!! Beautiful work!!

ginger

• secondhandrose2
    16 years ago

Amazing!

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

I'm speechless ! It's awesome !!!!!!!

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful job on this project.