SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

Lodge cast iron grill/griddle questions?

anoriginal
12 years ago

Have a big, HEAVY, Lodge grill/griddle (covers 2 burners) that I found at a yard sale for a song. Sellers were getting rid of some "camping" stuff and I just hadda get it. It wasn't terrible crusty, but I clean it up and reseasoned.

Two problems. One, it's not the easiest thing to find a place to store. Two, I don't use it as often as I should. Last storage place was beside baking sheets, in between washer & dryer. Had to haul them all out of that area last night and discovered decent amount of rust on end that sat on floor. I know the rust was no BIG problem so just scrubbed it up with steel wool and lots of HOT water. Put it back on stove top to get rippin' hot before reseasoning. I think I'm gonna let it stay on stove top for a while to remind me to use it more often.

I know what each side is intended for, but wondering... do you use yours for things others might find a bit unusual?!? Have seen a CI skillet used UNDER another pan... for better heat distribution?? Maybe just cook in other pots/pan on TOP of grill/griddle?? I know CI is relatively indestructible, so not worried about damaging it.

ANy ideas??

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor