Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thread not changing color after being read

Posted by reduc500 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 20:30

I used to be able to tell which threads I had read or replied to because they would change to a lighter color. Now it stays the same and I have to scroll through everything to see if I had already seen it or replied to it. Anyone know if there is a setting somewhere to change it back?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thread not changing color after being read

Some information here as the topic was recently discussed

Here is a link that might be useful: not changing color after being

o

I found that right after I posted. I use IE9 and did what it said and now the thread changes after being read.
Thanks.

o

What browser are you using? In my case it was the version of Chrome that I was using. Now that Chrome has updated again, all is well. It was okay in Firefox also. I don't use Internet Explorer, so I don't know about that one. If you are using XP rather than Win 7 or 8, then the latest version of IE you can use is version 8, so you would be better off using Firefox or Chrome, in my opinion.

Be sure to read all the posts in the thread zep gave you, as they are very helpful.

o

I did and it is working again. Thanks.

o

Glad it's working. I guess I was still typing when you posted your reply.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here