Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Java - so disappointed

Posted by eandhl (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 11:08

Yesterday I finally reset Java to get rid of it on FF. It was gone, I have downloaded nothing and everything is back including java - all are disabled. The Java that won't go away. Any other suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Java - so disappointed

firefox has disabled all java in their browsers.
It would be in the plug ins area of firefox under tools, add ons do you see it there have you right clicked it and selected to remove it?
I assume this is connected to another thread, it is really helpful if you start a new thread about something that has been discussed to put a link to that in the new thread so we know what you have done. I wish my memory was so good I could remember everything from all the forums but at times I am lucky I remember my name.

o
RE: Java - so disappointed

ravencajun, so glad you chimed in. When I right click on the Java I do not get a remove. It is disabled but after your posts I just wanted to remove it. I guess the only way is have someone do it for me. The manual instructions got confusing for me. I never realized I couldn't just open "Windows Explorer" - a search brings up Libraries and I never knew before. Sorry I didn't link to my other message it was under your thread. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/comphelp/msg021716526077.html?11

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here