Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jubilee polish gone. What replaced it?

Posted by maggie200 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 24, 11 at 0:44

If you miss the product, what are you using now?
I am coveting my Jubilee polish for company. I found out it was discontinued 9 years ago sez the SC Johnson site.So many people posted they wanted it back. There must be a patent story behind the end of this product.

I have white painted cabinets. I sprayed some Jubilee on and they - well you know. They are shiny and protected and smell good too.

Surely this question has been here before but I can't find it. Appreciate your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jubilee polish gone. What replaced it?

Hi Maggie,

I have never heard of it but looked it up and found a kitchen wax at the Vermont Country Store that claims to perform like Jubilee.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Wax

o

I saw that too haname. Maybe we will get a recommendation here for it. SC Johnson has some Pledge type polishes that aren't at my Harris Teeter grocery store. The fact that people would talk about Jubilee in an urban city like where I live is a real testament to the following Jubilee had.. Stay tuned. Thanks, Maggie.

o

I ordered some from the Vermont Country Store and will let you know. Have you tried an Ace Hardware store for something like that? They sometimes have harder to find things.

o

I remember a thread from a while back and checking with S C Johnson.

According to the S C Johnson site, they suggest using their Pledge® Protection Plus, that can meet a similar need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jubilee thread

o

There is a bottle for sale on EBay, as we speak!

o

clayladylei, can you believe it? Yup, you are so smart.
Oh, heck.
Haname is going to buy the Vermont Kitchen wax and I will too.
Yes, chemocurl (I can relate too well to your name.Hope things are going well.) I saw the recommendation and my store doesn't carry it. The site has no dates on its posts
so will look around. What the heck is the back story of discontinuing a fabulous product? A disgruntled chemist? Hmn.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Jubillee on Ebay

o
RE: Jubilee polish gone - I have 3 16oz bottles.

i was trying to find information on this product when I ran across this forum. I have three 16oz jubilee kitchen wax cleaner. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

thanks.

o

I am interested, what do you want for them?

o

nothing replaced it, kind of like it's harder and harder to find things like polishing compound now that cars have those weird clear coats on them, instead of a 'traditional' lacquer or enamel finish.

what replaces it? for cleaning, I use the Magic Eraser (which is a micro-abrasive) and in place of the 'wax/polish' aspect, I use one of the new 'nano' microcrystaline waxes for cars - the come as pastes (which I prefer) and sprays

o

http://consumerproducts.malcopro.com/Jubilee__Kitchen_Wax__12_per_case-details.aspx

Jubilee by the case

Here is a link that might be useful: Jubilee by the case

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here