Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jubille And Smooth Cooktops(Substitute)

Posted by pcweary (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 11:14

Well, as luck would have it, I finally found a product that is amazing on black smooth cooktops. After using all kinds of cleaners, I found my last can of spray Jubilee Kitchen Wax (had ordered a bunch from SCJohnson) and tried it. Gosh, it was great...no more 5 min. of buffing to get smears off. No hazing. Dirt gone.
Now, the problem. They do not make this product anymore and I am curious about a substitute.
Does anyone know of a product like Jubilee?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jubille And Smooth Cooktops(Substitute)

I remember Jubilee kitchen wax from the 50's. My Mom used to use it on her linoleum kitchen floor. She'd wash the floor with Spic and Span powder, then apply Jubilee wax. I remember having her yell at me if I attempted to enter the kitchen while the wax was drying. I'm pretty much amazed you could find this product.

o

I too remember it and how my Mom used and liked it.

According to the S C Johnson site, they suggest using their Pledge® Protection Plus, that can meet a similar need.

Other Jubilee questions and answers

Here is a link that might be useful: about Jubilee

o

Hi pcweary,

Well, I had a fit when I saw Jubilee was discontinued, & wrote SC Johnson. Yes, it's gone & yes, they recommend Pledge® Protection Plus or regular Pledge, depending on the material of the surface. I feel as though I've lost an old friend.

So I went to Orchard Supply Hardware (a smallish chain on the West Coast), which has an extensive cleaning products section. I noticed products specifically for cooktops, but wanted something like Jubilee, that can be used on chrome, porcelain, stainless steel, etc. I found CLR Metal Clear, which cleans Corian, porcelain, chrome, SS, aluminum, laminated countertops, granite & enamel. CLR MC is a liquid, as Jubilee used to be, & I have high hopes that it will be a good replacement for Jubilee.

Here is a link that might be useful: CLR Metal Clear

o

Does anybody know where to buy GlassWax? When I was a kid, my Mom had a set of Christmas stencils she would tape to a windown, then dab a sponge in GlassWax and apply it to the stencil. If you wanted color, you could mix food coloring in with the Glass Wax. My kids never got to see this, they're grown now. But maybe someday I'll have Grandchildren who would appreciate coloring the windows. The best part, of course, when the season was over, all you had to do was tale a soft cloth and rub the designs off, and your windows woukd be clean!

o

Check out this product from Vermont Country Store.

Here is a link that might be useful: Window Wax

o

Kris, yes, exactly what I was writing about! Many thanks!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here