Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memorial Day sale on Dyson DC07 (refurbished)

Posted by jobird (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 08 at 10:12

This is a refurbished unit,but thought it might be of interest,due to the price:$199.00.

Must be purchased by 05/27/2008.

Some Cleaning Tips forum members comments about the Dyson DC07

FYI, I'm not connected to Fry's,Dyson or any sales organization.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dyson DC97 Memorial Day sale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memorial Day sale on Dyson DC07 (refurbished)

Take into consideration that Dyson is not going to make this model anymore and it has already been returned. If it breaks do you want to mail it to Buffalo. Some will say if it breaks I will buy a new one....just what our landfills need.

o

Eventually, all new and refurbished vacuum cleaners (regardless of manufacturer) will end up in a landfill;correct? Should we go back to wooden mops and brooms? They will take up less space in the landfill and decompose much faster than the plastic and metal used to make those vacs.

I've bought several refurbished digital cameras (that aren't made anymore) and never had to return one for repair;guess I've been lucky,considering how complicated and delicate those cameras are.

o

This is the basic model, isn't it? I've had mine for about 5.5 years now. Dyson is still offering it new on their website with no mention of it being discontinued. Lucky, any clue as to why they are not going to make it any more?

o

This is not new. You can find Dysons, with prices like this, all of the time if you just look. Big Lots sells refurbs also. The DC07 is not the only model you can find really cheap. I have seen the 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18. A brand new(not refurb) DC15 was offered at Tuesday Morning a week ago for $399.

In regard to this model DC07, it is the oldest model for the U.S. market. Many stores are not going to carry it, so they are putting them on clearance. The stores have too many models, so something has to go.

o

Yes,apparently,they're still making the DC07 (their original upright) and it is $399.00;see the link to it below.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Dyson DC07 vacuum cleaners available

o

The link will help back up my last paragraph-

Go ahead and check out Sears also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Buy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here