Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New use for every day item

Posted by swest2 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 11 at 3:02

What every day item have you incorporated in to your Christmas decor?

I was in my husband's office and noticed a red wooden CD holder with three sections. I laid it on it's side and put it on top of our refrigerator. In one section I put a Hallmark snowman mug with a snowflake, in the second a Hallmark snowman mug with a bunch of red berries, and in the third a Hallmark mug with a little tree. On top I put some greenery. One of my favorite decorations.

I already had everything from Christmases past so there was no cost and about 5 minutes of labor. I'm not a craft kind of person so this was my kind of Christmas project.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New use for every day item

Great idea, swest! Sounds very festive! (do you take pics?...can't remember)...we can walk you thru it if you want instructions.

The latest 'everyday' item I've used is a set of those (3) wall box frames ...I bought at a consignment store & then put the (3) cutest little Elves in them on my Gr'ma's old treadle sewing machine top. The Elves were a garage sale find this summer ($3 for the box of 'em...porcelain!) I change the decor on the treadle quite frequently for Holidays!

I'll post a pic & attach the link to that post I already started a few days ago. TFS! Jeanne S.

LRSewing TableE12.11

Here is a link that might be useful: Elves, Santas & Snowman

o

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Not exactly a ever day item, but one in my entertainment closet is this large lemonade jug with spigot... Put in my silver ornaments, turned the spigot to the rear and set it on top of the refrigerator

o

Using that CD holder like that sounds so neat! And good thinking on its potential. Wish I had that kind of vision, but that's what I have y'all on the forum for. ;o)

LOL, you keep asking me hard questions. I guess my cloche could be considered an every day thing, its out all year and I put stuff in it for every holiday and every season.

Cloche on bathroom counter, The polar bear and the penguin are two of my very favorite ornaments, so they are in here for 'safe-keeping'.  The back half of the penguin is silver, tho hard to see in photo.  My iceberg is styrofoam.

Fun thread you started. (other one too. Thanks)
hugs, Karen

o

LOL Karen, I remember your search for the cloche! Where do the years go?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here