Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mkmaynard

lightbulb ornaments

mkmaynard
13 years ago

does any paint lightbulb ornaments? Or have you in the past? I am wanting to try my hand at this but need help. I am looking for a gingerbread and snowman. I had a picture of a gingerbread with a cute white hat but my computer crashed and I lost everything. Any help would be appreciated.

THANK YOU>

Comments (12)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Hi mkmaynard, I'm attaching a link to a couple someone posted on the painting forum. I've seen some other really cute ones, but right now I can't remember where.

Paintingfool on the Painting forum has painted and posted a snowman and santa she has painted. If you just type "lightbulb ornaments" in the search box over there, her's should come up.

You might also try a Google search for more.

Good luck with your project. I'm sure all of us would love to see pics when you finish. Hope you will come back and share with us.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: lightbulb ornaments

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Hi MK, I haven't painted any yet, but keep wanting to.
    A penguin is top of my list. Luvs had already directed you to the Painting Forum and other ideas. I hope you find some things you like and show us. We love all holiday decor. There are also lightbulbs painted for Fall.. pumpkins or Scarecrows that are really cute.

hugs, Karen

• creativeangel
    13 years ago

Oh, thank you so very much.

I have just gone through my trash can and taken out a used light bulb.

I appreciate it so much for y'all letting me know about one more thing.

LOL!!

My kitchen is decorated gingerbread.
    Of course, that is my favorite.

Wanda

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

MK, here's the penguin one I want to try making. I can't remember when I saved this photo or where on the Internet I saw it to give credit.

{{gwi:1435674}}

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Karen, that little penquin is really cute. Thought you might like to see the ones on this site as well as the "hula monkey" one! LOL

I just did a google search and there are lots of sites to select from for the lightbulbs.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: painted lightbulbs

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Over on crafts & decorations forum they had a gingerbreadman, Santa & I think snowman, there was lot of activity over there last fall & winter, kind of slow for last few months so go back to Sept-Dec. posts for the lightbulbs, I painted a pumpkin,the leaves were on the metal part, seems like there was a ghost. I have a red painted bulb & can't remember what that was but I did get the bulb ready so it must have been cute, will have to go back there. I think the snowman was a round over mirror bulb about 3 in wide! it was adorable! Jan

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Sunnyca, bet you were going to do the cute cardinal one. I think it was on the Crafts forum too, and I think it came up when I did a google search. It actually has feathers on it--very cute. There was also a darling grinch too. I have three bulbs painted white for some ghosts. Must try to get them done this year.vs

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

A CARDINAL bulb? Snowmen and Ghosts? I haven't seen those. I guess I'll go look and be adding more to my Too Long to Do List. sigh.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

I will have to go over to the crafts and check out all the different paintings on the light bulbs. I have started some and never finished a one. I think they are cute but I have a hard time giving them time to dry and by the time I'm in the mood again, they're not in great shape again.haha

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Karen and Punk, you will have to do a search for them, since they were from a year or so ago. Luvs

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I forgot, white bird is sitting here with little branch in her beak, on that 1 someone did tutorial & I made white wings, the tail is metal part of bulb,2 in. white pompom was head eyes are 2 small pompoms(not too small, don't like beady looking eyes)orange beak & then I brushed on DecoArt Craft Twinkles so it glistens added the 2 red berries on branch & little flowering twig. So that is why the red bulb, was going to make a cardinal, got sidetracked!!What's new!! Always too much on my plate!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I googled painted light bulb images, and saw a bunch. No cardinal, but a pink bird did come up that I'm sure is done much the way you described. The various Grinch ones are cute, tho not my thing. Lots of ideas tho.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County
More Discussions