Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Summer Blues Porch T'scape (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

Since there's been some talk of "blues" lately on this forum & also Hank W's song has been buzzin' thru my head all day, I thought I better take some time & get a T'scape tog!

I wanted to use these "flower" plates I bought this past yr at a GW store...6 plates, 3 flower species:

They have a "crackle" like finish so I thought the tweed placemats (recent TS find) would work ...esp needed something w/white tabletop.

The white dinner plate underneath is Friz & Floyd (which I had never heard of) that I bought at B,B&Beyond (w/coupon) before Christmas...'Enablers R Us' put both ideas in my head...needed white dinnerplates & also ck out F&F products!

Info from the back of the flower plates:

Glasses & napkins (both GS & TS finds since I've joined this Forum in late 2009):

Here's a place setting...used my new flatware from Christmas:

The bowls were an e-bay find over a yr ago...I loved the delicate pattern & bought them to go w/tea set:

Are they called 'rice' bowls? Anyone know? Here's the bottom view...pretty, uh?

Then I worked on the centerpc...wanted to use this new "Firepot" that I bought on vacation last week at a nursery... & I wanted to use these 'Wine glasses' that I got recently ($4 for set of 4) ...so I experimented:

Here it is 'lit!' Had to do some more moving things around...& added the lil' bird S&P shakers:

Another view w/Hydrangeas (which are just starting to bloom) & blue vase I'm collecting for a birdbath totem:

{{gwi:192451}}

Blue wine glasses:

And here's the full T'scape ... hope it chases away any "Summer Blues!" LOL! (When the 'Firepot' in not lit, I move everything bk on the placemat.) TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (10)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jeanne, I'm loving all your blue & white dishes you've put together on this table. The Firepot is so neat. Great buy on your pretty blue stems.

I don't know what country your rice bowls are from but they sure look great with your American Atelier plates. I've never heard of Friz & Floyd, did you mean Fitz & Floyd on your lovely white dishes?

Love your Hydrangeas in the blue vase. Glad you used it as a vase now. Sounds like it has another use coming up. I only had one of my Hydrangeas come back this year. I love them but they are sure hard to grow here.

Good to have you back posting.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL! Yes, Fitz & Floyd, punk! Some "Holiday-ers" on here had Easter & Christmas plates & such of F&F....they enabled me!

The 'Firepot' burns 'Gelled Alcohol' for indoors & out ...I'm going to use it when camping probably...& will look for the Citronella Gelled Alcohol to help w/bugs.

The blue stems came in a box that I got a a consignment shop called "Stuff" ...
    Crown Corning
    4-10 oz. Tulip Wines
    Box said: 1992 Corning Vitro Corp.
    Made in Mexico

Thank you, punk...always good to be back (& home). Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Very lovely Jeanne...B&W was my first collecting passion.
    I love the crisp coolness of this setting.
    Funny, I've been thinking of doing a Tbscape, and like you, doing a Blue & White theme. I guess like you, must be the Summer Blues!
    I love the pattern and crackle finish of your plates. Your blue glasses and pretty napkins go perfectly. (nice finds). I like the grouping (very different) of your CP with the firepot and bird, with the
    blue Vase w/ Hydrangeas and stems off center..the woven mat sets it all of nicely.
    Everything looks very tranquil - peaceful and cool..also
    very inspiring..Thanks Jeanne!

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Soooo PRETTY!
    You can't go wrong with blue. Or Fitz n Floyd. Or birds and crackled stuff. And certainly not good ol' Hank!

Thank you for staying in the house long enough to do such a pretty table setting! ;o) Those flower plates are wonderful, I especially liked the design on the first one. And your centerpiece really looks neat.

With us going up to 107 tomorrow, a "cool" table is just what I needed.
    hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Absolutely beautiful. I love it.
    Marylee

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

How pretty! Love those rice bowl, very delicate!
    Lovely table, J, your hydrangeas are ahead of ours!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I love your table. So cool and soothing on a hot day. The little rice dishes are perfect with your pretty dishes. The fire pot is a fun idea. The blue stems and vase are just the right touch for this lovely table.
    TFS
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, "Holiday-ers," for your gracious comments. I enjoy this forum so much! Will be posting those 'new' American Heritage dishes soon, too (link below)..it's the middle of June already so July is around the corner! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: OT ... I'm coveting these dishes!

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

I apologize for being so late commenting, just been too busy and am enjoying a few minutes of down time tonight. I too agree with everything everybody else has said. I love blue and white together. It always looks so cool and crisp. The fire pot is such a neat idea and everything works together so good. TFS Janet

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Those plates are so neat, Jeanne. I love the crackled finish and that each flower is different. Blue and white is such a soothing combo, I love it all. Great job!

Sponsored
More Discussions