Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

OT ... I'm coveting these dishes!

jeannespines
12 years ago

So very busy outside that haven't done any holiday decor...& now when I had a short shopping time at Kohl's...what do I see but these dishes!!! Ohhhhhhhh, I've been seeing RED lately!

They were 40% off in store ...so I'm waiting & hoping for a good % off coupon & then I may get a set for 2 or 4 ... cupboard space? Ohhhhhh...as Scarlet said,

"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."

Aren't they just really nice!!! I love the red striped bands around the dinner plates & the flour/cherry on the small plates ... & the 'pitcher' ... oh, sweet!

Ok, I've coveted & shared enough...TFlistening! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Coveting Kohl's Sonoma Dinnerware

Comments (20)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, you are so right! Those plates are really pretty. I always like the "simple" patterns as opposed to the ornate ones. Hope you succeed in getting them.
    Marylee

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

I totally think that you need those. They will be great with some of your rustic vignettes, they just fit you.
    Frou

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I like those too! I haven't seen them in the store. Yes,you have to wait for the sale at Kohl's! The placemats I used in my Memorial setting were from there, 60 off.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne, They are nice and I think they were made for you!
    I can see them fitting in with so many of your things.
    I agree - a nice coupon will make them even nicer...

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I think Kohl's has a "senior" day on Wednesdays that gives you an extra 10% off...not sure if it's everywhere, but I know that it does here. Of course, I'm not saying you're old....I'm just trying to get you an even better deal on those lovely dishes! ;-D

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I sure hope you can get those dishes! And then we can see all the pretty things you do with them!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, those dishes are great.
    I have visions of tablescapes dancing in my head, thinking of how you could use them. LOL
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL! thanks for your support, 'Holiday-ers'...aka 'Enablers R Us!'

I'm watching for a 20% or 30% off coupon & then hope they're still on sale for 40% off...hope someone else doesn't like them at our local store (as much as me). LOL! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I really like the color of these dishes and the pattern. Hope you get your coupon and they are still on sale soon. It's so hard to wait for the right deal but sooo worth it.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Guess what? 30% off coupon in mail yesterday but sale doesn't start until June 8 -15th ...I bet the dishes won't be 40% then...I'll cross my fingers!

But, today, DH & I stopped at Kohl's on way to GGSon's b'day party ... DH needed some cooler clothes for vacation (& he never shops for clothes himself hardly ever!)...so I wandered on over to 'dishes' again ...still 40% off & I had a 15% coupon so that = 55% off this "pitcher!"

And in the placemats' aisles, here were the Sonoma cherry ones for 50% off plus my 15% coupon = 65% off ...so I got 2 & also same on the kitchen towel...65% off...whoo hoo!

So, if the dishes don't come down enough, I still have beautiful placemats & a pitcher! Just had to share w/you "Holiday-ers!" LOL! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Oh Jeanne..I love what you bought. So pretty..
    I love the 'country look' of the linens and that pitcher..real vintage and Summery looking, and with the extra $ off..great deal.
    I hope they keep that sale going on those dishes. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

When you said DH needed 'Cooler Clothes' - The first thing I thought of ..
    Cooler like in 'Cool Dude'...or Cooler like in Summer Clothes Cool?? LOLOL...couldn't resist. The kids are always talking 'Cool Clothes'...like in 'Dude' ...but hey, I'm sure your DH is a Cool Dude...right?

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Oh Jeanne, now that you have the new pitcher, place mats and towel you really need those dishes. They are such a neat pattern. Will keep my fingers crossed that all works out for you.

Our cherries are doing well so far this year up around the lake. I sure hope they end up with a good crop. DD bought me some cherry plates last year at Target and I've never set a table with them. Maybe I'll do that when the cherries are ready.

So did DH get some shopping in too? Gotta keep him cool! I'm counting on some nice weather. I just spent hours ironing some of my blouses and capris.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

LOL, Punk, love your mind. Jeanne's DH wanted cool dude clothes huh? Well heck, that's what vacations are for wearing, right?

Jeanne, those wonderful accessories you bought today for your 'future dishes' are PERFECT. Now darn it, you better go get two place settings (at least) of those dishes after all this! I love that pitcher and the placemats, so pretty!

Punk...you IRON? For hours? You are as bad as my DD, LOL. She sure didn't learn that at home. Dryers and permanent press are my thing. Life's too short for ironing IMO. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Cool Dude! LOL! I think he's a cool dude but I don't know 'bout others! Nah, jean shorts, tank tops, swim trunks, etc. ...all of a sudden, it's 'warmed up' in IA! And we're going camping (motorhomin' is our kind of campin') LOL!

Real cherry trees! Wow! I haven't been able to grow one...just apple trees. That's awesome, punk!

Thanks for the 'enabling' advice & cheering section! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

I'm glad you were able to get the pitcher, placemats and kitchen towels. Keeping my fingers crossed that you are able to get the dishes too. I have a feeling you will.
    I hope you and your "Cool Dude" DH have fun camping.
    NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

That's a great start on your future collection. Those will go with lots of things. At least your DH went shopping with you for his clothes. I shop for all my DH's clothes and he will wear whatever I bring him. Have fun camping. We got a new camper this year and have already been several times. We have a big trip coming soon and it is sooooo hot already here. We've had some 99 degree days already. I know, whine, whine, whine. Oh well, love your new cherries.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OK, "Holiday-ers!"...you won't believe this! My 30% coupon still had a few days left after getting home from vac on Sun. So a couple of my 'retired co-workers' & I had lunch today & shopped at Kohl's...

I was keeping my fingers crossed....
    ...saw some other brands of dishes for 40% off & walked in the next aisle...NOT 40% off...but 50%!!!! WOO HOO!!!$$$$

I was definitely seeing RED!!!

So for 50% off PLUS my 30% off coupon, I brought home:

4 dinner plates
    4 salad plates
    4 bread? plates (smaller ones) ...each w/a diff pattern
    & one milk rooster vase
    4 cereal/soup bows (bigger bowls)
    + 2 more cherry placemats

Whoopee!!! Just wanted to share ...I will post pics later...as I need to wash them & change cupboard around so can use as 'everyday' dishes, too! And then I need to see that look on DH's face when there's MORE dishes on the counter tomorrow! Thanks, you 'Enabler's R Us!' Jeanne S. (here's pic from Kohl's that I copied)

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohl's link American Heritage Collection

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne...soooo happy for you!
    What a great deal with the sale & coupons off..
    I guess as they say - Good Things Come To Those Who Wait!
    You were patient..and I'm so glad you SCORED - RED !!

Look forward to seeing them 'in action'..Good Luck with DH... I'm sure he'll be happy for you, especially when you tell him all the $$ you saved him by being such a Smart Shopper...and
    you can tell him 'Jane said that' ....lol

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I'm so thrilled you got your dishes. Especially as you'd gotten some neat accessories for them before you went on vacation. How wonderful the dishes were there waiting for you at a great price.
    If DH says anything, tell him you could be gambling or drinking.....there are worse habits than collecting dishes. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

SCORE!!!
    I am impressed with your patience and couponing.

We are all waiting anxiously to see the new tablescape!!

How exciting that you got the dishes you wanted and at a great price, and had a vacation in there to boot!

We just got home from San Diego and DGD's HS graduation.
    Wonderful ceremony, but the weather was overcast and chilly the whole week. They call it the June Gloom due to the marine layer hanging over the coast. That was a bit of a bummer, but we did get to play golf at a beautiful resort called Aviara.

I totally fell in love with the Jacaranda trees!!!!!
    I have never seen them in bloom before and they were such a gorgeous color of deep lavender, Karen, you would love them!
    Since I have never seen them before, I'm pretty certain they won't grow in CO, : (

Anyway, congratulations on the new dishes!! It really is a bargain when you get a great price and something you really want!

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions