Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Abberley Lane - modifications

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 21:03

I've searched the other Abberley Lane posts and a saw a picture of a house that had a one story family room. Anyone have a plan that I can see so I can see what was upstairs? I'm also looking for what other modifications others have made. Anyone add a walkout basement or eliminate some of the unfinished bonus space over the master bedroom? We're considering a lot that would require basement b/c of the steep slope so I'm trying to find ways to reduce the costs. I'm pretty sure we'd never need 1,000 sq ft in that bonus room. Any other comments about the Abberley Lane plan are welcome.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Abberley Lane - modifications

I have a friend who just finished building this plan. I believe all they did was in making this a one story family room was to floor the part that would have been open and it became a children's den area that is just open to the entire upstairs. . Just imagine the second floor plan where it says "open to below" as being floored. Hope this makes sense. It is a beautiful home!

o

I seem to remember an Abberley Lane with a playroom/classroom over the family room. It had some great built-ins. I have some pics of one that was built in Georgia, but I'm not sure if they modified anything. Let me know if you want them.

o

kfhl, I'd love to see pics if you have them. I wasn't sure if I should just leave it as one big open room, should there be a wall instead of a "look over balcony" down the stairwell (if that explanation makes sense) to reduce the noise. I'd love to see what someone else did. Thanks!

o

I can't seem to find the pics from the area above the family room. There is an early pic of the built-ins on the gardenweb - mnthorse
I'm not sure if this link will work, but maybe you can copy it.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/build/msg0122145424798.html
The other pics I have are of the kitchen, exterior and front porch. I must not have saved the rest.

o

another pic

o

A whole different look for the exterior

o

That is georgous! Thanks! I saw that mnthorse build this plan and saw a couple of pics before it was finished but haven't seen these. Thanks so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here