Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice/recommendations regarding Kohler toilets

Posted by msbrandywinevalley (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 16:57

We are in the process of remodeling a very small powder room and two small bathrooms. Two Kohler toilets have been recommended to us. They are the Santa Rosa Comfort Height Compact Toilet K-3810 for the Powder Room, and the Cimarron Comfort Height elongated toilet for the other two bathrooms.

After reading reviews of these products, I have a concern about the comfort of each of them. I'm short (5'1") and I'm wondering if comfort height is really too high for me. Comfort height was recommended because my husband and I are both in our mid-60's. Yes, I sat on it in the showroom, but not for any length of time. Also, I read that some people have found the seat of the Santa Rosa compact unit generally uncomfortable.

Can anyone shed some light on these selections, or, perhaps recommend other comparable toilets for us to consider. I should mention that the powder room is REALLY small, and that's why we've been considering the compact model.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice/recommendations regarding Kohler toilets

We have the new Kohler Wellworth comfort height (not the classic Wellworth). The comfort height is a great choice as you get older. The older we get the harder it becomes to stand from a sitting position & vice versa. The higher the seat, the easier it is as there is less propulsion needed to rise to a standing position. So from that standpoint + your age + it sounds like you're not planning on moving anytime soon, I would do the comfort height. There is a thread on comfort height toilets and shorter people with ideas linked below.

Elongated vs. compact/round bowl-- In my experience, men prefer the elongated bowl. Women could go either way, but many prefer the round bowls. I would see if you could find an answer on what makes people say the Santa Rosa toilet is so uncomfortable? Perhaps its the seat they chose, perhaps its the space between the tank and seat (or lack thereof) vs. a 2pc toilet or it could be something completely different. How often will the powder room be used vs. the other toilets in the house? If it's not the main toilet that you (& other full-time members of the household) use, I wouldn't worry about it--put in what fits and move on to the next decision.

Hope this helps!

o
RE:Advice/recommendations regarding Kohler toilets

Sorry-forgot the link!

Here is a link that might be useful: Comfort Height Toilet Thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here