Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homeatlast4me

Does anyone else HATE their comfort height toilet?

homeatlast
11 years ago

I'm not talking about the mechanical function of the fixture or the aesthetics of the comfort height, but the, uh, user comfort. To paraphrase that Cottonelle commercial with the cartoon bears, one wants to "enjoy the go." However, I think the human body doesn't function as well when you are seated higher off the ground, something to do with leverage and squatting.

I really don't mean to offend anyone and, believe me, I'm not one to discuss this subject, but I hate this thing so much I'm considering replacing it with a regular height toilet asap. I'd love to hear other opinions as this is really not dinner table conversation!

Comments (137)

• dberlt
    6 years ago

We recently remodeled our bathroom. We had a Kohler comfort height toilet in the old bathroom and I had really liked it. We bought a new toilet, different brand and I am so unhappy with it. The biggest difference is our Kohler was 17" and this new one is 19". I'm 5'6" and that 2" makes a big difference. I may just break down and buy a new toilet since I don't want a stool in my bathroom. I would suggest anyone looking at toilets to check the height before buying.

• Bruce in Northern Virginia
    6 years ago

As an additional suggestion - I have found that you can special order a lot of very good toilet brands from Home Depot (Toto, etc.) and they are priced competitively with most of the online stores. Shipping to the store is always free, and home shipping is usually free for many common items.

The advantage of buying from HD is that if you don't like it, or it does not fit, or it shows up broken, you take it back to the local store and get your refund. FYI - I am not associated with HD in any way; however, for items where I am not sure I have exactly the right choice I find working with a local store to be more convenient than online places.

Bruce

• oreo1
    6 years ago

Couple comments about research/studies:

1. With the functionality issue, there have been studies done that the more squatty you are, the better things work.

2. There are uhhh ergonomic studies showing that the more folded and close to a squat one is, the ummmm better things go.

My comment: with all the studies/research being done on squatting being better (and more people than not hating the taller/"comfort" toilets) WHY are companies making higher toilets? And then selling "steps" to make the height shorter?? Seems counterproductive (and stupid) to me. Shorter toilets do the same thing, eliminate the need for "steps" and having to spend more money for something ("squatting steps") that irritates people or is dangerous in situations.

Taller/comfort toilets are NOT for everyone. Companies shouldn't make everyone have to buy one and then find some way to make them actually comfortable. They should make shorter sizes also. And I mean starting with 14 inches from the floor to the top of the bowl. My 40 yr old toilet is 14 inches high, almost 15 with the seat, Perfect for everyone in my house, with people heights ranging from 5'2 to 6 ft. No complaints However, it's cracking and crazing and is getting harder to clean, so have to get something new. Been looking for at least a year now. Most everything starts at 16". Add a seat and it's at least almost 17. Way too high.

A way to test one without actually sitting on a toilet in a store - Measure the chair(s) you sit in that you find comfortable. Like some kitchen chairs are 17 inches tall, some lower, others can be all different heights. The one with the height you find is most comfortable is the height you should look for in a toilet - always remembering to either deduct for the actual seat or add for it. This way you're not buying something you may hate because it's not the right height. If the height of a chair is comfortable for you, stands to reason the same height toilet (with seat) will be also.

IMPORTANT: The way to find a height you like is to measure the toilet from the floor to the top of the actual bowl, THEN add the height of whatever seat you use, because that will add anywhere from 1/2 inch to 1 inch in height. Probably higher if it's one of those high padded seats. THAT'S the total height. Never just go by the measurement on the toilet info - that's only to the top of the bowl. Always add the height of the seat to that measurement.

• roarah
    6 years ago

I find I go faster and more comfortably with comfort height and now hate standard height toilets. I am 5'7 and always had my legs go numb on our regular toilet. Never happens now with the comfort height. But my husband and I sat on many toilets to find the one that was best for us overall. Not all comfort toilets were as comfortable as others and some that I liked he did not so test out what works for you in a show room before committing. This advice is true with standard height as well.

• Genny Genny
    6 years ago

Many clients choose a comfort height toilet because of the new skirted bowl design, if you look around you will find a good flushing toilet with the height of bowl that is best for you. I am shorter and do not like my comfort height toilet, switched to a Valley Acrylic toilet as they have many modern styles with skirted bowls that are not 16.5" tall. They flush well which many people overlook when looking at the aesthetics of the toilet. Remember, your toilet has one job !! looking good is just a bonus

• Richard Johnson
    5 years ago

We used the "comfort height" at my sister in laws and neither one of us liked it. I've been looking to replace a old bone color with a white one for a remodel and am having a little bit of trouble finding just what we want with the elongated bowl & standard height. I'm only 5'8" & the Mrs. 5'4" so we like the standard height. I'm sure that whoever invented the Squatty Potty did so after buying a so called "comfort" height toilet.

• Jessica
    5 years ago

HATE the comfort height toilets. I had a Kohler Memoirs elongated in standard height but sold it with my house a few years ago. I only discovered they stopped making it when I tried to find one for my new home. Really wish Kohler still made it. Had I known, I would have installed the new one in my old house and taken the old one with me. Like GreenThumb Gardens, I am 5'3" and my hubby is 5'6". My feet don't sit flat on the ground at all. It creates too much pressure on the backs of my legs and my legs and feet fall asleep. It is so miserably uncomfortable that I hide yoga blocks under the curtains in the bathroom to give the height I need so my legs don't fall asleep. Really pretty toilet but really uncomfortable for shorter people.

• Maggie Sedel
    5 years ago

Im 5’4”, and i cannot manage to poop on the 17” tall toilet in my new apartment! BOTH bathrooms are the same! Im literally in high heels just to use the toilet and just to touch the floor!!!! I encountered this problem when traveling and cannot believe I overlooked this VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE when selecting a future home. Now im in a one year lease...and although I love almost everything here...after a week of be unable to comfortably pee or poop...I WANT TO BREAK THE LEASE!

PS I tried a Squatty Potty and it was too tall...good for kids...but it forced my legs too far up and out...

UGH

WHAT THE HECK WAS WRONG WITH THE STANDARD TOILETS???

Is there any reasonable solution or do I just need to move????

• Maggie Sedel
    5 years ago

Just figured out the problem...

im 5’4”

my inseam is 30”

or about 15-16” when bent

the toilet is 18” off the ground

SO i need an extra 3” to rest my feet flat and be comfortable.

THE SQUATTY POTTY IS TOO TALL

the squatty potty is 7”

making me bend my legs and raise my hips to 10” angled position...

or 4” higher off the ground than i need.

GEEZ

so my legs are either hyper-extending to reach the floor when the seat is 18”

OR

my legs are up around my ears With the 7” squatty potty...basically making my toilet 11” tall (or short)!!!!

I’m searching for a 3” stool...I will try Yoga blocks...maybe the fact that I can position my feet anywhere...instead of on the side edges of the squatty potty.

PLEASE LEARN FROM ME

CHECK TOILET SEAT HEIGHTS BEFORE MOVING ANYWHERE

ITS LIFE CHANGING

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    5 years ago

I love ours. I’m 5’3”. I guess I don’t need much leverage! (TMI, I know.)

• beaniebakes
    5 years ago

I’m only 5’0” (5’1” when I suck in my stomach and do mountain pose) and have no problem using my 18” toilet. However, I love Maggie’s idea of using yoga blocks in place of the squatty potty for proper alignment.

• AJCN
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

My 4' 11" friend keeps a pair of very high platform flip flops in the potty room just for this purpose. Her DH is 6'2, so they decided to get the taller toilet.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    5 years ago

Maggie, how about something LIKE THIS . I keep one in my SUV so my 91 yr old mother can exit and enter my car.

I'm 5'2" and am fine with the higher toilets. We had one in our former master. This house has three low slung vintage Kohlers and I miss the comfort height toilet, will install at least one when we remodel two of the bathrooms.

My SIL is 5-2" also. Her husband, 6'8". They have a total of 7 comfort height toilets in their homes and she assures me no problem for her either, but if you say a problem for you, we'll believe you.

• Jessica
    5 years ago
    Maggie, we use hugger mugger yoga blocks for ours. they are made of bamboo and can be CLEANED and SANITIZED. Most yoga blocks are made of foam while great for yoga not so great for sanitization in a spot where sanitization is absolutely necessary.
  • mr R
    5 years ago

After reading these comments, I had to chime in since my wife and I are going to renovate both of our bathrooms. Before I begin, I feel compelled to respond to redmill53s' comment. If you are offended so easily, perhaps you should see a good therapist. Sorry, I am unable to recommend one.

Now.

We have 2 toilets, one measuring (from the seat) 15 inches; the other 17.5 inches. The taller one is ok but I think that a couple of more inches in height will make getting up easier. Even my wife, who is 6 inches shorter than I, would like one that is taller, so we are going to purchase one despite comments against taller toilets. I confess I found it amusing that some of these people wrote that the public should be able to try it before purchase. Not certain what reaction I would get if I requested to USE a merchants' display toilet before buying. He probably would recommend a good therapist to me.

• wycnyc
    5 years ago

I would love to see the look on his face...

I just don't understand why they don't offer each model toilet in both Standard and "Accessable Height" models ! ?

• Helen
    5 years ago

I'm surprised that people don't like the taller toilets. I'm on the short side - 5'4" but have a long torso so my legs are disproportionately short.

I just finished remodeling and got a Toto skirted one piece model in the "comfort height" and it's just perfect as my feet don't dangle at all. It doesn't impact my digestion either so I have no particularly need to have my knees elevated :-).

In terms of aging in place, I can't imagine anyone not installing one as well has placing a grab bar next to it when remodeling. A grab bar needs to be attached to studs for safety so it's easiest to do and plan for when remodeling rather than attempting to retrofit - same with shower grab bars.

In terms of "comfort", I really love the Toto washout I had installed. Even if you don't install one immediately, having an outlet installed at the rear of the toilet will enable you to install one at a later date. Many of my senior friends complain about mobility issues impacting their impacting their ability to take care of personal hygiene comfortable - shoulder issues or hip issues or even arthritic hands.

• Anna Devane
    5 years ago

No one has even mentioned young children trying to use the taller toilet. Potty training is bit of a struggle as it is. Making the toilet taller just adds to the problem. This is a solution when there wasn’t a problem. If you struggle getting up and down a cane or some other form of support would benefit.

I believe the body “performs” better in a squatting position.

• Mittens Cat
    4 years ago

For those stumbling onto this thread and curious about Squatty Potty, I see they're now making them in a stylish teak. :) I'm a shortie and have been so frustrated trying to find "standard" height toilets, I just may give into the taller toilets with an assist from Squatty. (Though I also liked the previous commenters' solutions of high heel flip flops and bamboo yoga blocks!).

Squatty Potty in Teak

• Mrs Pete
    4 years ago

I'm almost 5'5" and my husband is 6 feet tall. Don't know if a person's height makes any difference.

I'm 100% sure that height makes a difference. You're fortunate (and I am too, though on the other end of the spectrum) that you and your husband essentially "match" in terms of height.

I've had two hip replacements and used a seat riser from our senior center's lending closet during my recoveries.

My mother has had two hip replacements, and she's not supposed to bend her hip beyond 90 degrees ... or was that only during recovery? Regardless, squatting would've been impossible.

I tend not to buy too much into those "people used to do it right, and now we're complete idiots" or "Europeans do this right, and American have no clue" type of thing.

What a lot of you "Squatty Potty" advocates are missing is that the
    image showing a person sitting upright on the standard pot are for the
    most part WRONG!.

I thought I was the only person seeing this!

• wdccruise
    4 years ago

"Comfort" not a euphemism for such toilets, it is an antonym.

• beaniebakes
    4 years ago

My Toto toilet is 17.5 inches high which includes the seat. I’m only 5’1” and find It comfortable. Whenever I use a low toilet, I feel as if I need to be hoisted out of it. Frankly, given the different heights of comfort toilets (some are 19 inches high) and people, ths 7-year old discussion is starting to seem ridiculous,

• Mittens Cat
    4 years ago

Well, lucky you. As for myself and my family, I'm still hoping to find the right fit, as ridiculous as that might seem.

• Jessica
    4 years ago

@beaniebakes -ummm... you are considering yourself in that "people" comment, right? I mean after all, you chimed in with your thoughts on the subject just like the rest of us contributing to a 7 year old conversation. Obviously it is still very much relevant.

• wdccruise
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

The basic Toto Drake elongated regular-height toilet is a great toilet. Its seat height is 15-5/8".

• Mittens Cat
    4 years ago

@wdccruise, thank you for the relevant info! Very helpful! :)

• beaniebakes
    4 years ago

@Mittens Cat... I never suggested your search was ridiculous, but it’s clear from all the opinions here that everyone’s comfort level is different. I’m not sure the opinions will help you find the right fit but I wish you luck.

@Jessica...I chimed in because I keep getting email notifications about a new post and I am inclined to read them. However, I just realized I can turn off notifications, which I intend to do. My post was a repeat of an earlier post and doesn’t add anything new to the discussion. But I didn’t intend to start a controversy so I’ll simply sign off for now.

• Jessica
    4 years ago

@beaniebakes... so sorry. Context is EVERYTHING and I must have glanced over your earlier post. No controversy started and my apologies for overlooking your original post

@Mittens Cat... places like Ferguson Showrooms have many models on display where you can "tryish before you buyish" only problem I found it that it's not the most comfortable thing to sit on an open seat toilet in front of a sales person even if you are fully clothed. Frankly, I couldn't bring myself to it and slightly side saddle on a closed seat was as close as I got! :)

I found the Kohler Archer is also a great standard height elongated toilet that is 14.11/16th to the top of the bowl, 16 with the seat down and lid closed and roughly 15.75 with the seat down and lid open. It has a contemporary design that can easily swing between modern or traditional spaces which is kind of nice. We replaced our private upstairs toilets with those and used our Kohler Memoirs for the powder room on the main floor. Fair warning. They are one solid piece of ceramic and quite heavy. The one piece toilets are supposed to make for easier cleaning due to fewer nooks and crannies but frankly, brushes and rags do the job just fine and I don't notice much difference in the ease of cleaning.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/archer-one-piece-elongated-1.28-gpf-toilet-w-aquapiston-flush-technology-and-left-hand-trip-lever/productDetail/toilets/427558.htm?skuId=406835

• Mittens Cat
    4 years ago

Thanks @Jessica, I am close to two Fergusons and a few other showrooms and happy to say I have (finally) gotten over the awkwardness of trying out showroom toilets. The stakes are too darn high, LOL! :) And I appreciate the input on the ease of cleaning factor of one piece vs two piece. I've been pondering that myself. Good to hear. Thanks.

• Mrs Pete
    4 years ago

@Mittens Cat... places like Ferguson Showrooms have many models on display where you can "tryish before you buyish" only problem I found it that it's not the most comfortable thing to sit on an open seat toilet in front of a sales person even if you are fully clothed. Frankly, I couldn't bring myself to it and slightly side saddle on a closed seat was as close as I got! :)

I am all about try-before-you-buy, and I've been carrying a tape measure in my purse for just this reason for several years.

Pointing out the obvious: You can try /measure pretty much any toilet in privacy -- not just the shiny new ones at Fergusons. For example, you're perfectly free to use /measure /take notes on the toilet in your own house /at your friend's house /at the grocery store /at the mall.

While you're at it, take note of the size /placement of the grab bars.

Nothing is as good as developing YOUR OWN IDEA of "right sized".

• Jessica
    4 years ago

I think someone needs to come up with a toilet that will raise and lower depending on the user preferences. Or maybe a drop down floor keeping the toilet in place but allowing for extra leg room for those that are blessed with long legs. I should probably patent that idea. it would bring a whole new level to luxury bathrooms.

• Phylomena D
    3 years ago

Yes ! We got a new one and I hate it! You can’t relax and I’ve peed about 12 times already today ! It’s not comfortable. I hate peeing every 5 minutes.

• Phylomena D
    3 years ago

Don’t like our new toilet. It’s too high and I can’t relax. I’ve peed like 12 times already today ! Your legs tighten up and I have to go again when I’m done. It’s horrible! Not worth the 500.00 she paid.

• Kai Michel
    3 years ago

It seems like the conversation is based on the comfort height toilets vs the standard height toilet. If I reply honestly, I don’t have any problem with any of these types.

According to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the recommended height from ground to seat is 17 to 19- inches whereas the standard height is 15 inches. The ADA recommendation is based on the people with special needs and anyone with 5’10” or more in height can easily use that type.

I’m a 5’11” man and have experience in using both heights. I have my parents in my home who are not in the same height as me but they didn’t ever report about the comfort height toilets.

Whatever- if you think that you’re not comfortable with the existing height and nobody with special needs will use your bathroom, feel free to change them.

• Dani Haze
    3 years ago

I think that there is no suitable toilet for everyone. We thought that our toilet was disguisting but after comparing...

• ykagan
    3 years ago

I truly hate all these ADA/Comfort/chair height toilets. We did installed these taller toilets in all guest bathrooms, and they are only used when really necessary. I still have one Toto toilet that we installed, I think, 15 years ago that is 15" high (without seat) and this is one that is used the most. I hate to think what to do if it brakes. I prefer modern skirted toilets, Toto no longer has any in low height. We installed Whitehous toilet in my son's room once (looked nice, lower height) but removed it a year later, was clogging almost every time. Now we are in the process of remodeling master bathroom, and I still can't find toilet I like: contemporary, skirted, preferably 1-piece, no more than 15" bowl height, accepts washlet. Was looking at Duravit, but TBH they look ugly. Will appreciate if anyone suggests any options!

• enduring
    3 years ago

I suggest you start a new post to address your request for toilet suggestions. That will probably lead to more responses to your point specifically.

• Katie Altman
    3 years ago

YKagan - I agree, in fact we are about to replace our brand new Toto Aquia IV because it is terrible at flushing and is too high. I'm looking at a "Toto Ultimate One piece" round seat toilet, which is regular height and has a better flushing system. I too am dismayed that there's nothing out there that's skirted, modern looking, not too elongated and gets good reviews. So I will deal with the non-skirted.

• K K
    3 years ago

Don't like the 16 1/2" comfort/tall/chair height (w/o seat) either. just installed a new toilet from American Standard (cadet 3) and found had to tippy toe to do the business, then found toilet height has been changed. wow, who'd had thought?! use a stool is ok, but annoying and always trip over. Wife (5'5") hated it so much that asked MUST to install a standard height for the next toilet. so the search begins, checked HomeDepot and Lowes, they don't carry standard height in store anymore. wth?! world is changing w/o us knowing.

No more toilet in a box option, Have to special order the toilet, then buy seat, wax ring. Found some options here from HD:

Kohler - Wellworth Classic: (14 1/2")

American Standard: Cadet (15")

Not end of world, but this world is just more unfriendly for us shorter people :-(

• ykagan
    3 years ago

Well, HD has American Standard Tofino toilet that seem to be right height and skirted. After much research I'll be getting one of the Woodbridge toilets with built-in bidet. They look very nice, modern, right height and have a lot of positive reviews.

• cpatkins94
    2 years ago

I think the universal height impedes my bodily function. I'm 5'5" inches...hardly short...and if I have to go #2 on a universal seat I have to turn over the waste can and rest my feet on it to simulate a lower bottom position. Of course I think manufactures should make ADA toilets for elderly people or those with knee issues but keep the standard height.

• jsachs2
    last year
    last modified: last year

I'm looking for more links Bowl-to-floor <= 15".

We're a household of three 5ft 5in. people. We're renovating four bathrooms. Just ordered a Tushy Ottoman but we're really NOT happy that we literally cannot buy a high-quality toilet that's standard height.

Here's the whole plan:

1. We're ordering the Kohler - Wellworth Classic: (14 1/2") for two of our bathrooms.

2. We have a nice Elongated Toto (17" height?!) and I'll be trying out the 7.5" Tushy Ottoman https://hellotushy.com/products/tushy-ottoman-toilet-stool with that.

3. And then... one of our bathrooms needs a corner standard-height toilet, and my current plan is to buy a separated High-tank toilet https://www.rensup.com/bathroom/high-tank-toilets and bowl separately. I may also check Etsy for toilet bowl makers. What has this world come to?

What a drag. It is also annoying that everything is labeled "Right-height"... yeah, it's kind of offensive because the height change is marketed as a feature and so it's excluded from most website's filter bars! Since it's an additive-feature, you can't filter for the absence of "Right-height" or "ADA Compliant". It's like -- I feel like I've been in the specific set of meetings where someone has a brilliant, cost-savings idea of to unify on a single height.

Brilliant mind (BM): "OK, get this, we can halve the number of products we have to produce that sit on the shelves!"

Everyone else (EE): "Oh, how do we do it?!"

BM: "We just pick one height!"

EE: "*Contemplative silence* God. Yes. Brilliant... But... won't people be mad?"

EE: "I mean, there are short people and kids..."

BM: "No, no, no, we'll pick the accessible height and then market the change as a feature! This means we'll also get a competitive advantage over other toilet brands who aren't thinking about accessibility!"

~~~ *end scene* ~~~

My beef, TLDR:

1. Public toilets should be as accessible as possible.

2. Companies get to "win" by removing consumer choices.

3. I'm now googling for an artisan toilet bowl maker on Etsy.

Good luck everyone. Looking for more links Bowl-to-floor <= 15"

• Holly VH, Snoop&Fuzzy
    last year

I despise my new American Standard(2) and love my new Comfort Height Kohler, it fits me. The first plumber installed Kohler. The new, Second plumber however, insisted that the Kohler was a cheap-sht model and refused to buy and install 2 more. When I'd asked early on, he stated that he'd "never recommend or buy an American Standard". The the cost for 1 Toto was absurd , nixed it. So, he convinced me to buy the RH American Standard and I've had problems from the get go. When I called immediately to complain about noise but mostly the seats, I was reprimanded by office secretary. I asked for the Warranty info and they refused, said everything must go thru them. The American Standards litrtally cause pain and my "aim" is hitting upper rim, its NOT easy clean as promised. However, the Kohler is wonderful, no pain, quiet, slow close, comfy. Thats what I wanted. Now I'm afraid to call plumbing company #2. The first plumber , fair priced, but made 1 bad mistake in the kitchen, then left me in a lurch. Otherwise Id be with him still. The 2nd Plumber charged $3000 for 2 toilets, $800 to BandAid 2 showers. It's not at all about the $$ its about not being listened to then over charged. The next plan was for a replacement, Walk in Shower, and now I dread starting over. Being solo, female, Sorta Senior(young 68) DAP in enormous spine and hip pain, it appears that plumbers and electricians regard us with so much disdain. I don't nickle&dime, but I want to like what's been installed.

• mcarroll16
    last year

@jsachs2 Toto makes the Drake in standard height, 15" floor to bowl. We bought the round bowl model for a very small bathroom, but I think it's available in an elongated model as well. The shortest family member also makes regular use of a squatty potty stool.

• HU-462221920
    last year

Traded out my standard height 15" toilet seat bowl height for a "Chair Height" toilet, and man was that a HUGE mistake. I don't know what these manufacturers were thinking, but sitting straight up on the toilet is NOT natural. Chair height Is incredibly uncomfortable. And for some manufacturers, it's all they sell now. Such a stupid marketing idea.

• HU-462221920
    last year

Dumbest thing I ever did was swapping out a 14.5" high bowl for Chair Height Chair Height is the most uncomfortable experience. You're not supposed to sit upright on a toilet. We used a Squatty Potty on our STANDARD HEIGHT toilet. I find chair height uncomfortable, awkward and discriminatory against all of us who don't have disabilities. What's wrong with a heightened seat for those who have disability issues? Glad that Kohler still sells standard height 14.5" bowls though not the greatest selection.

• arcy_gw
    last year

Nope we LOVE our taller thrown. Most of our adult visitors do too and are determined to get their own after a visit. The good thing is-toilets are pretty inexpensive as things go and it's not a challenging DIY to swap one out.

• PRO
    A1A Construction
    last year

The ‘comfort heights’ are anything but.
    As others have said, totally un-natural position to be in.
    100% would not recommend!

• T Bugs
    7 months ago

HATE HATE HATE THE "COMFORT" height. I'm outside the showroom of The Fixture Gallery in Boise Idaho trying to find the perfect toilet. I love our 14.5 inch height one in the house its a Kohler, elongated, dual flush NOW MY MISSION is to find the 14.5 elongated but with full enclosure because I don't enjoy cleaning all the twists and turns and contours of the outside of a toilet. Like WHO WOULD PURPOSELY design that??

• oreo1
    7 months ago

To answer your question of: Like WHO WOULD PURPOSELY design that ?? MEN. Good luck finding a toilet whose height is shorter than 16-17 inches. Years ago the standard was like 14-15 inches high. EXTREMELY HARD to find now. I have a 40 yr old toilet in one bathroom that's 14 inches high. Perfect. AND it takes literally 16 seconds for the tank to fill. Have another newer Kholer 16 or 17 inch toilet in a half bath - HATE IT !!! WAY too high. AND it takes 3 MINUTES for the tank to fill !! Timed it! Need to go to a reuse store to get a 30 year old toilet. What is wrong with these toilet-designing people????