Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Guy basement?

Posted by tvguy15 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 28, 07 at 20:36

Is there such thing as a "guy basement?" Like has anyone made their basement into the ultimate game room, or a music studio, or just a place to smoke cigars? Can you smoke cigars in a basement?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Guy basement?

Heres a similar thread...

Here is a link that might be useful: Do you have a man basement?

o

I consider our basement a guys basement. It has a bar, movie theater, and billiard room. My hubby loves it. I would imagine if you smoked cigars down in the basement you would have to get an air cleaner...

o

Apparently there are some pretty great man basements after reading the thread posted by jasper 60103. I'm trying to find people with amazing "guy rooms" for a show I'm working on airing on HGTV. My job is to go out and find "man spaces."

I continue to browse through this site, definitely a lot of do-it-your-selfers here.

o

We once owned an 20's vintage home with a basement finished in the 40's. The whole basement was knotty pine and the main room had a stone wood-burning fireplace.

Yes, it had a full wet bar comelete with a double commercial stainless bar sink. The bar face and stools were leather and the back bar had display shelving and plenty of storage. A large wine cellar and full kitchen were each separate rooms as was a work shop and laundry.

There were large back-lit outdoors scenes of canyon fly fishing and hunters with their fresh kill. It had a projection room with cable operated screen which dropped out of the ceiling on the far side of the main room into a framed theatre approximately 7'wide x 5'high. The main room was approximately 25' x 15'. I'm sure there was once a pool table too based on ceiling lighting.

But, the most manly feature was a firing range. The targets were cable-run to the far end and there was an exhaust port to let the smoke escape. And there was a huge display case for the firearms in the main room.

A contractor had finished the space and his widow and son both came to visit. Unfortunately we moved in 1993 and I don't have any digital photos to share but we really loved that home - the rest of it was filled with unique features too.

o

fnmroberts,

That sounds really great. Especially the firing range! That actually gives the idea of searching for stories for the show. Find man rooms with carnival games/firing ranges in them!

o

This is NOT my house, but Boy do I wish it were....!!!

http://www.flippedbit.net/theater/construction.htm
After looking at the above link click the Home Theater to see the Final look..

-McSierra

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Theater

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here