Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you have a man basement?

Posted by homersgarden (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 19:29

We bought a home in October that has the ultimate man basement. It also houses an EXTENSIVE collection of Blazer stuff that he has collected for years. I have no say in it because the rest of the house and yard are all mine. It includes:
Wetbar
Foosball table
Pool table
Bar quality electronic dart board
Bathroom (shower included)
Big screen/surround sound
Comfy couches
Man leather recliner
Computer
Aracade game (the kind that has more than one game)

What else can I add for my husband? I would like to suprise him for his birthday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you have a man basement?

That sound like a sweet basement. Does it have a good stereo? DVD player? Manly DVD,s like the Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry Collection?

o

My brother-in-law has the ultimate man-town basement. It is painted the color of his favorite sports team and has flame pin-striping around the top of the walls as trim. The walls are covered with autographed sports memorabilia. He has two seats from the old Boston Garden. He has diamond plate window trim and baseboard cut to his specifications. His coffee table is actually made from a tool trunk that you would see in the bed of a truck and the legs are cut down baseball bats. He has a fridge in the wall, two comfy couches, dartboard, TV with lots of video games. Paintings of his antique cars. Does any of that give you an idea?

o

We could go on making material lists for days..if you really want to make it a Birthday he won't forget you can do it for nearly no cost.

1. Ship the kids off to a sleepover for the night.
2. Dim the lights to a bar room level.
3. Put a CD of his favorite jukebox style music on.
4. Present him with a personal topless barmaid for the evening.

o

is little room below:
Pool table-check, dart board-check, wet bar and fridge-check, but I also added a sealed/ventilated cigar lounge and th

o

One of my favorite things in my mans room is my Skybox vending machine.

o

I like lazypup's idea the best!

o

We also have a Skybox vending machine. Dh had a hole specifically designed for it to fit in!

Carrie

o

Kind of a radical idea but you know what I wanted to do is build a track around the top of the room and have a Lionel model train go around the edges of the room.

o

That's a cool idea.
I seen it done at a restaurant once.

o

HGTV is doing a show called MAN LAND, it up on their "casting" section of the website. It features man basements like these.

o

Buy him a fancy heated toilet seat. You know, the one with the magic wash off wand that's self extending/retracting and of course,, a blow dryer, and dont forget the remote control.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toto seat

o

Go to: http://www.flippedbit.net/theater/theater.htm

Don't forget to visit the construction links...

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pinebrook Cinema

o

Seems like the only thing missing is a pinball game!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here