Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BS gas connection: Before I bug my GC again...

Posted by cal_quail (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 22:55

...which is it?

Is the + sign where the gas shut off should be? Or is it just saying that that's where it connects to the range, and they will put some kind of a line from where the gas shut off is up to there so as long as it's somewhere back there, it's okay?

I have to go out and around the house to get into the kitchen right now, but from memory, where they have the shut off is about where the arrow tip is by the 5" above the pic of the outlet.

Warning: This will not be the last worry that I have this weekend when no progress will be made on the kitchen. :)

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BS gas connection: Before I bug my GC again...

There are some old post about where to put the shutoff - I posted that in the link, there are some good photos showing the back of the range- based on those, I had the plumber run the gas up from the floor, and put in a 90 degree angle at the floor - so the gas is running horizontally, and put the shut off there. We then put a flex connector, and that goes up the back of the range along the left side in an open channel, and connects where it says rear gas supply box. From the dimension on right hand side of the left drawing, you see you have 3 inches of clearance below the stove, so the line and shut off can not be any higher than that, though as long as it is below that, the actual location is not critical. Where did you get those drawings, when I bought my RNB last year, I looked and couldn't find anything.

Here is a link that might be useful: install photos

This post was edited by Barryv on Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 8:21

o

Thanks. Ugh. I think this will need to be moved. It's about 8-10" off the floor towards the right side of the back of the range. No bueno. Luckily the plumber has some sink work to do still.

It's in the pdf of the Installation, Care, and Use manual on the BS site.

Here is a link that might be useful: third pdf

o

Both gas shutoff and electrical outlet should be within the 3" space below the range. Gas closer to left, and elec. to thr right. From the shutoff, a flex hose connects via the chase on the rear of range (shown by dotted lines)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here