Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need advice about older craftsman router accessories!

Posted by rob432 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 08 at 21:34

They are a sign making template set, template guide bushings, butt hinge template, trammel point attachment, and edge guide & contour finger. They are circa 1970's, but new in box with all nuts, bolts, instructions etc. Never used! They are compatible with my older Craftsman router and table. I am new to woodworking, should i pay the $40.00 or save my money for more "modern" items? I Have plenty of router books, but no one to give me hands on. If my old router dies, are these compatible with other routers? Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need advice about older craftsman router accessories!

It's sort of a crap shoot. If you look at "universal router sub bases" you will see myriad holes in different orientations and spacings. There is a chance that they may not even fit all Craftsman routers made in the last 10 years since Sears seems to hop around to vendor du jour and private label variously sourced items.

Worst case is you'll need to reset the mounting holes (use a new sub-base as a template). The guide bushings are a bit more risky, but many of them are compatible with the somewhat de facto standard Porter-Cable diameters & thickness.

Here is a link that might be useful: sub base spacing

o

You have a nice selection of the vintage craftsman items. I would be interested in purchasing them if you would like to sell. I have been watching some of the item on ebay. I like to do woodworking and need good equipment, like what you have. Please contact me either way.

Thanks

Jim

o

I have 2 older routers (1) Craftsman 1hp 2400rpm 6A Model 315 25031 incl table. (1) Sears-Simpson 1.8A Model 315 25580. Neither are found on-line Google search.Does anyone know when they were made?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here