Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trim around bevel glass in front door needs replaced

Posted by phelansmom (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 3, 09 at 17:08

Our 100 year old front door needs to have the glass replaced plus the interior portion of the wood trim around the glass. Is this possible and if so is there a company I can contact. The glass we have access to, so it is just the trim we are interested in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trim around bevel glass in front door needs replaced

A photo sure would be helpful. If you have trim that holds the glass in place, it should be removable, however 100 year old wood could be easy to split in the process. Is there a company you can contact? I am sure there is.

o

You are looking for "glass bead", which was made in 3 standard shapes, several sizes of each shape, and of course countless custom shapes and sizes. There are still a few profiles of it available at "real" lumber yards, but if you need something else, or a hardwood, it will have to be custom made.
Casey

o

Might try
http://www.goodmillwork.com/my_weblog/2009/07/good-millwork-flex-trim-flexible-moldings.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here