Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hgluckman_gw

This sheet goods?

hgluckman
14 years ago

We are planning on getting a SubZero BI36R to replace our existing 19 year old Sub Zeo Refigerator/Freeser (we'll have a separate freezer elsewhere). We're looking at the full overlay paneled model, and I have downloaded all of the pertinant information on the specifications.

The panels are specified as a 1/4" backer panel which fits inside a frame, a 0.10" spacer panel to be flush with the outside of the frame, and finally the finish panels which are to be 5/8"-3/4" thick.

My questions is on the backer and space panels. I don't know where to get any material that is 0.10" thick, in the necessary size ( roughly 36 x 68 inches). While I understand that they can be made from a single piece of material, and shapped per the specs, I've never seen a 0.35" sheet either. You could, I guess, find a 3/8 sheet (0.375) and take off 0.025, but that seems like a lot of work too. Has anyone run into this? I'll be asking the appliance dealer if Sub Zero can supply this, but I'm guessing not.

We haven't picked a cabinet maker yet, but I've gotten some eye rolls when describing this requirement.

Comments (2)