Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name of Tool?

Posted by clg7067 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 23, 08 at 12:15

What's the tool (method) called when you make a slanty hole so the screw can go sideways in the wood, not through the short way. Jeesh, I can't even explain it right. Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name of Tool?

Pocket Jig. I hate when that happens. Ya spend all that time looking for it and trying to remember. The second you ask the world, you find it.

o

Pocket jig Kreg is the most famous brand and there are a number of similar ones.

If you look at the web site below, recall the expression, "If the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.kregtool.com/index.php

o

Kreg makes a great product but if you only plan on drilling a couple of pocket holes, then there are less expensive options. The trade offs are durability and ease of use.

Pocket hole screws are also very handy for all kinds of applications because they drive so well.

o

If you are looking for a low-cost entry, the Mini-Kit is what you should look at. It's $20 most places. Add a box of screws and a driver and for less than $30, you are in business. I would not want to do a whole kitchen with this, but for the once in a while application I have, it works fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: mini kit

o

Oh Thanks. I like that mini kit. I don't do a lot of woodworking, but there are times it would be nice to not have screw heads showing. ;)

o

Kreg clamps are the greatest. I use mine all the time- way more then the pocket screw jigs. Buy the ones with the extra deep jaws, they are 10x more versatile.

o

I love the "expression" bob. It has already joined my extensive list of similar expressions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here