Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice needed - hard maple cabinets and wood fireplace insert

Posted by country_smile (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 7, 09 at 14:17

I posted this question on the Kitchen Forum and someone suggested that I ask on this forum . . .

Both our GC and cabinet maker advised us to purchase a humidifier because in the adjacent room to our newly remodeled kitchen we installed a new wood insert (Blaze King Princess) that we'll use to heat our home. They were concerned that the wood insert would dry the air too much and possibly cause damage to our new hard maple cabinets. What type of humidifier do you suggest and where should it be located? Do you have any helpful tips on maintaining the correct amount of humidity in a house?

Here is a picture taken during the middle of remodeling that shows the close proximity of the fireplace to the kitchen.

Any help or advice you could give me concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Refinished 120 plus year old hardwood floors (original wide plank flooring underneath)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice needed - hard maple cabinets and wood fireplace insert

Since there have been no replies to your message to date, I would suggest that you google humidifiers, find a manufacturer that has a customer service phone number and call them. That is, if you can't find a source for information locally.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here