Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacing Sofa Legs

Posted by Arapaho (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 12, 05 at 10:05

I am trying to raise my sofa up by 2". My current sofa legs are 6" tall that screw into the bottom of the sofa frame. I am looking for 8" replacement legs but am having trouble finding them. Do you know of a place where I can order these or I would appreciate any other suggestions on how to do this. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacing Sofa Legs

Not sure what shape they are, but I bought some at Lowes. They had several different sizes. If they didn't have 8" you could by 12" and cut them down. If you need something fancier you can look at www.tablelegs.com they have all shapes and sizes.

o

Woodturners Incorporated make excellent quality furniture legs in a variety of styles, sizes and woods.

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodturners Incorporated

o

Neither one of these companies has 8" sofa legs. If you know of a vendor, please advise.

o

You might try tablelegs.com. We bought our island legs from them and are very pleased. The Coronet bun foot series has an 8" foot. I'll link you to their furniture feet page.

Here is a link that might be useful: furniture feet

o

http://chervan.com/component_pgs/legs/legleadpage.html

Unfortunately, they are B2B only, so you will have to go through an upholsterer or design center to buy them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frank Chervan

o
long sofa legs

And I would be very careful with is as you are reaching what might start to become a problem for racking. For example, don't push this sofa around, lift and carry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here