Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on Casters for Home Workshop

Posted by dfw17 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 07 at 8:58

Hi,

My husband is working on condensing his collection of woodworking tools (table saw, drill press, band saw, router table, jointer) into a smaller home workshop space. (We need the rest of the basement now for kids' play space!) With the exception of the jointer, we're thinking about putting everything else on wheels to allow flexibility in the new smaller space. Can anyone recommend a good brand of solid, heavy-duty, durable casters? I looked at Rockler.com, but saw some complaints about theirs falling apart in 2 years.

Thanks,
--DJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on Casters for Home Workshop

I have 5 of the HTC-2000 Universal bases. They work great. I don't need to put my jointer on one, but I think they will accommodate it. I got them on ebay for $35 each. When I saw how well they worked, I put my table saw on one because it is much easier to use than the original retractable casters that required me to go to each leg individually to retract them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is a link that might be useful: HTC Products

o

Thanks for the great advice. These look like a perfect match for what we need.

--DJ

o

I think I just saw those bases at Costco.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here