Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to build a hidden closet

Posted by milele (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 0:10

Hello, here a picture that would really show what I am trying to build.
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x436/Milele98/?action=view¤t=nichecabinet.jpg
Can you see the cabinet on the right of the FP? Ok, nobody will be able to see R, L and back of the cabinet. However it has to be nice from the front (door and face frame for the door + top and kicktoe (or panel). How do I build it? The size is not standard: it is 62 max high, 48 wide but 21 max deep. Any idea? I was thinking to build the box and screw on a face frame + doors (may I). However I am not sure how to build the box. Once again R, L and Back I have wall. So, not sure I really need to build a box. I need help with drawing.... Tx in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to build a hidden closet

I am told that the link would be better in a HTLM version but if I use HTLM, the message get rejected.

Here is a link that might be useful: cabinet picture

o

I think your lack of response is due to the ambiguity of your question. Perhaps when you are further along you might be able to frame it in a way that is more understandable to most of us. What do you mean by "hidden closet"? Maybe get a little more fundamental with your questions.

o

Hidden like a hidden bed or a closet behind a book shelf?
Do you mean like the under ground rail road used to hide slave?
If so, there are many books on hidden "spaces" that you can use.
I have no names for you, but I would Google it if I was you.

o

The cabinet is pretty far from "hidden," it is a typical storage cabinet with framed panel doors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here