Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpet Runner Removal

Posted by amd111 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 31, 08 at 22:17

How hard is it to remove the carpet runner from the stairs? Is it gonna damage the stairs?
We have two small kids, so we want to put the carpet runner on the stairs in the new house. Once the kids are bigger, we'd like to take it off, but we're not sure how the stairs will look then (staples marks/lighter areas under the carpet and darker on the sides)
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpet Runner Removal

I think that carpeted stairs are so much safer than uncarpeted, I would never consider removing the carpeting.
There was about a 6 week period of time a few years back when I was without carpeting on the stairs...I was between carpets so to speak...I had all the carpet pulled up and I was "living with it" before deciding on what to re carpet.
The stairs won....and only the stairs. The up stairs hall is carpeted....and now so are the stairs. but everything else is not.
Carpeted stairs are safer and a lot quieter.
Linda C

o
RE: Carpet Runner Removal

I need advice please. My stairs open on the left and a wall on the right , the treads are oak and covered 90 % with carpet. We would like to remove the carpet exposing the oak tread, But I can feel a gap on the wall side that would look unfinshed , Why the builder did this, I don't know. What can I do?. Molding would work for the wall but not around the nose of the tread..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here