Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sharpening jointer knives

Posted by stevega (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 28, 11 at 10:15

I have a set of 6" jointer knives and 12" planer knives that I would like to have sharpened. Can anyone recommend a service to send them to?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sharpening jointer knives

I just got mine back from Forrest Mfg. and they did a fine job. I also had them sharpen my table saw blade. They are the makers of the Woodworking I, II, etc. circular saw blades that always end up at the top of any reviews.

Here is a link that might be useful: Forrest

o

We have been using Ridge Carbide. They are fast, good, and nice people.
Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: Ridge Carbide

o

I've had Forrest sharpen my tablesaw blade (which they manufactured) a few times. It always comes back very sharp, but last time they took off a ridiculously excessive amount of metal, shortening the life of the blade. I complained on the phone, was asked to send in photos, sent the photos, and never got any further response. My experience might've been a fluke, but I don't feel great about the company.

o

Thanks for the recommendations. I had Forrest sharpen my saw blade and it was OK. I emailed them to ask about the jointer knives and got no response so I will try Ridge Carbide.
Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here