Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Identify a Craftsman Radial Arm Saw

Posted by joematt (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 18, 09 at 0:41

I purchased a very old Craftsman Radial Arm Saw at a garage sale this weekend, and need some help identifying it.

The Bold Craftsman Name is the only printing still on the machine. On the back base, there is the remains of an old identification label, but it's only remnants of the paper now. It's been torn off.

I don't know how to post a pic here, or if I even can, but I posted it on a Purple Martin web page as well, so maybe you can view it there.

http://www.purplemartin.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140940#140940

Thanks, Joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Identify a Craftsman Radial Arm Saw

Joe-
All I can tell you is that I purchased a similar saw in 1974, and the one you have there looks a few years older than that. One thing you could try is to do a Google search for Sears Radial Arm saw manuals. There are several web sites that have extensive collections of such manuals for sale and they sometimes have pictures or photos you can match. You could also try posting in one of the big woodworkers forums, like the forum called "Knots" at finewoodworking.com

Lastly, you can post pictures here by cutting and pasting the individual HTML codes from the site where you store the photos into the body of your message, or you can post an active link to a single photo by cutting an pasting the web address for the picture in the "Optional Link URL" box below the message box when you post. I did this with one of your photos as an illustration.

Here is a link that might be useful: Radial arm saw

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here