Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of cabinet is this

Posted by woodforhammock (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 9, 08 at 11:25

Can anyone tell me what type of cabinet this is. Just curious. I just got done refinishing it. Thanks

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of cabinet is this

Somebody went wild with the embossing press, or got a lot of pre-pressed blanks at a good price and made some gaudy 5-drawer chests. "when too much is not enough"
Casey

o

By the way I found out this cabinet is from 1885 and thank you for you gaudy opinion sombreuil mongrel

o

I think it is an interesting piece and probably would have bought it too. Looks like something you'd see on the Antiques Roadshow. Did refinishing it diminish the value of the cabinet piece?

o

Don't know what the value of this piece is yet but I glad to hear that somebody else likes it to. This piece was bought from a goodwill store and was painted white when we got it. We only gave $15 bucks for it. I think it turn out petty good. Thanks

o

Is it on castors and do those drawers lock? If so, it probably was made for some type of specific business/office purpose, as wheels and locks wouldn't be typical in a bureau-type piece.

It's not my style but there is beauty in it none-the-less. Beautiful piece for $15! : )

o

What a great looking piece! You did a great job refinishing it. Hard to believe someone would actually paint over it.

If you ever find out info on its origins, let us know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here