Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concealed 270 degree open hinge?

Posted by fouramblues (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 10:16

I've been spending a lot of time on the kitchen forum lately, am a first time visitor here. Tuns out one of my cabinets is very hard to access with its 110 degree door swing. I really need 270. All my hinges are concealed soft close. Is there such a thing as a concealed 270 degree hinge (also called fold-back, I think)? Even better if it's soft close. TIA for any info you can give me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concealed 270 degree open hinge?

180* not enough?
Link below, but frameless style.
Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: 270*

o

Thanks for the link, Casey. I failed to mention that I've got face frame cabs. But if it exists for frameless, I can probably find it for framed.

180 would be fine for access, but I do worry about the door getting ripped off the hinges. I'd consider 180; do you have any recommendations?

Thank you!

o

I don't think it will work for faceframes, because to fold back it must also clear the faceframe's width, and the mechanics of the hinge thereby gets more complicated than just having to clear the 3/4" box side. Plus the manuf. does not know how wide _your_ FF's are...
Casey

o

OK, thanks for the advice, Casey. 180 it is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here