Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patty_cakes_gw

Houston, I have a problem!

patty_cakes
9 years ago

I bought a vintage dresser last winter and put it in the garage, to work on at a 'later date'. I also took the drawers out since they needed some work, and left them sitting on the garage floor. I'm in Tx, and needless to say the garage has heated up nicely. I decided to get to work on this project this past weekend, which was an accomplishment in itself. When I tried to put the drawers back in, they wouldn't fit. I had painted the piece, so with a bit if sandpaper, removed the very small amount of paint that I thought might have caused the problem. When that failed to help, I used sandpaper along the edges, corners, topside/ underside, and ever took a 'planer' to it. Being more logical than scientific, I knew that heat expands, cold contracts, so decided that's what happened when I took the drawers out. I've brought the drawers inside, and am hoping they'll contract enough to get them back in. Now I'm wondering, do I need to bring in the desk also, or will the 'contracted' drawers fit back in?

Comments (2)