Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior french door installation

Posted by qdognj (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 3, 06 at 20:12

We have an opening between 2 rooms where we plan to install a french door system..The opening is large, 57" x 96".. I have been quoted 2100 bucks for a Simpson french door installed with brass handset..does this sound reasonable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior french door installation

There are handymen and carpenters who may see your question and offer a more authoritative answer than I can (I build furniture) but it doesn't sound exorbitant. I don't know what the door "system" itself costs, but installation labor can vary widely depending on where you live. You won't know for sure whether it's reasonable unless you get multiple quotes.

o

How much is the door itself? I have a similar situation and the labor cost me about $300 bucks to install it.

I live in NY so labor is more expensive.

o

Off hand $2100 sounds resonable since they may have to do some additional framing.

Good luck

o

I bought beveled glass french doors mounted in a frame from Windsor Plywood for under $400.00. I have to provide the handles and frame the opening.

Lloyd

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here